Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The true cost

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The true cost

Crappit Heid, its not an Irish an with a hangover.
    Boiled fish, with the head stuffed with, oats, suet and liver.
    Vic

2. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like something that only an Oatmeal Savage would conjure up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    With or without the eye Tony .? My old man used to love sheep’s head . The only thing he wouldn’t allow on the table when he was there was chicken . Used to say it tasted the same as rat and was often used during the war when he was in the army in Burma. Never saw him drinking cider either , don’t think he knew though about the piece of meat put in the fermentation barrel which I was told could be a dead rat if nothing else available..Never put me off though. The only meat I couldn’t eat was potted meat made in the butchers , as working in a butcher shop saw what went into it , and during the war and after finding out the hard way have never eaten since. Whale meat and horse flesh and potted meat , during the war people used to queue up for. JS
    John, my father was same, he was serving his time as butcher when the war started, but gave it up when he joined up; never went back to butchering after the war.
    Wouldn't have potted meat, brawn and was reluctant to eat sausage.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sausage meat and sausage meat were of different Calibres the same as the mince, the reasonable stuff went to the good customers , the bad crap to the bad ones , sounds reasonable . There is no waste in a butchers even the bones were sold .All fat went into the boiler and sold as dripping. Going to the slaughter house every week to collect the tripe always upset me , not the tripe , but the animals waiting to die , they all knew it as well , their bellows was something again. I can watch a man die with less trepidation than I can an animal especially a pet,
    Yet I would volunteer to execute some of the human animals walking around today and have no remorse.
    Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With you on that JS , some of the Scum that walk our Planet well even Death is too good for them. Sorry!

Animals i love too and like you am sickened by the Slaughter of them, unfortunately though Man has to survive, and Meat is one of the most Important of Diets i guess??

Mind you we could all become Veges! LOL

But seriously at one stage i worked in a Pig Factory in Halesowen Birmingham, and my Job was just to stand there , wait for the poor Piggies to come along on a Conveyor belt upside down, with them Yelping alaoud before i had to slit their Throats! At the time being Young, it did not worry me too much, although must admit to being sick a few times.

Did not stay in that Job long at all, only a matter of about if i recall some 2 Months! That was enough!!

Did not touch Pork for many many Years after that,and it was only in 1978 just before coming here to Aus, that we were invited to a nice Lunch . On the Menu was this Roast Pork done on the Spit, well enough said it was absolutrly Delicious!

End of Pork fasting! LOL
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Sausage meat and sausage meat were of different Calibres the same as the mince, the reasonable stuff went to the good customers , the bad crap to the bad ones , sounds reasonable . There is no waste in a butchers even the bones were sold .All fat went into the boiler and sold as dripping. Going to the slaughter house every week to collect the tripe always upset me , not the tripe , but the animals waiting to die , they all knew it as well , their bellows was something again. I can watch a man die with less trepidation than I can an animal especially a pet,
    Yet I would volunteer to execute some of the human animals walking around today and have no remorse.
    Cheers JS
    Morning john ...your sure right there mate......wonder if tony heard any more about the beast that threw petrol on the old dog he had stolen and then set it alight ...the dog owner will sure be traumatised by that... poor woman .......i would saw his effin legs off ...R 683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well looks like yet another good old Pub is on the Cards for closure, due to all the rising costs over there in the UK.
    Such a pity that so many are now facing the end of the Road, as there are and were so many really good old Pubs around the UK.
    Been in many in my days , and enjoyed every one.
    I know that those that close their doors will be sadly missed no matter where!

Lets hope some Miracle may come along and save all these great old Watering holes! ???
    Cheers

One of the oldest pubs in England battling for survival due to ‘outrageously more expensive’ bills (msn.com)

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This one not closing but in other Troubles! Oh the sillyness of it all!
    What next!
    Cheers

UK news: Pub could be forced to change its historic name because it's so offensive (ladbible.com)

R697530

10. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I honestly can't see what is wrong with this name for a pub , or any other place, to me it is no different to the The dog on the tucker box.
    It puzzles me who these people are who seem to go around looking for something to change, if they have nothing to do send them to patrol the Channel Coast.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

UK pubs across the land have for ever had some odd names.
    Many come from things that may have happened in the past, for example the 'Royal Oak' said to be a tree where Charles 1 hid from the roundheads.

As to slaughter houses.
    As a young lad every Sunday we would take a truck load of pigs up to Walls slaughter yard in North London, never thought much about it then.
    But back in about 64 we were docked in Brisbane to load meat.
    We went to see the slaughter house where the cattle would be killed, there is no other word for it, and watched as they were hit with the bolt.
    Quick yes, but the poor animal knew what was coming.

Now when out on Suday drives we even see the trucks loaded with sheep or cattle and I know where they are going, not a nice feeling.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast