Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bouncy stuff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bouncy stuff

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    I used to take my brown ale bottles back over 50 years ago and got tuppence a bottle back. It’s certainly not new,
    That’s why Cappy thinks I owe him 3/9d for the bottles he reckons I took from him . He forgets he broke them when drunk. JS
    ��thought it was to do with that saddle and mary on shields beach....you didnt pay my 10 percent for the saddle soap so whats two 3 shillings and ninepence in old money....lolcappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    I used to take my brown ale bottles back over 50 years ago and got tuppence a bottle back. It’s certainly not new,
    That’s why Cappy thinks I owe him 3/9d for the bottles he reckons I took from him . He forgets he broke them when drunk. JS
    Last year at college I shared a flat with an Ellermans guy and two from BI. It was above the Boldon Lane wine stores in Shields. We stayed in on wednesday nights as telly was good and we had about 4 bottles of brown ale each. The last wednesday of the month we were always skint so we collected all the months empties and we generally managed to get three bottles or so each from the deposit money.

3. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    Last year at college I shared a flat with an Ellermans guy and two from BI. It was above the Boldon Lane wine stores in Shields. We stayed in on wednesday nights as telly was good and we had about 4 bottles of brown ale each. The last wednesday of the month we were always skint so we collected all the months empties and we generally managed to get three bottles or so each from the deposit money.
    in the winter of 46 or47 when the big snow came ,,,,we lived in a prefab opposite the pub....the little row of prefabs was called straker terrace.....when the front door was opened the snow reached the top of it ....just to keep my statement in keeping with the ......BOUNCY POST .....we bounced about in the snow......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No empty bottles around Cooma, Woolworths has a big machine that takes them and pays out, we keep any bottles for our Granddaughter she pays it into her house payments. Our streets are clear of litter, everyone has three bins, a big one for garden waste, another big one for plastic and bottles, and a small one for kitchen waste. Our Council makes around $250,000 in their shop from stuff people throw away, and about the same from mulching garden waste and selling it.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As of yet no details of exactly what cans and bottles will be returnable.
    Scheme does not start her in Victoria until some time next year.
    So far only small bottles and cans spoken of, large bottles still go into the recycle bin.
    Collecting cans now for next yea.r
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2