Thread: train strike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default train strike

Well i think ive seen it all now ......arthur scargill .....who led to the closing of the mines has now doomed the railway workers to the same fate by joining the picket line of the RMT lol theres nothing worse than an old fart who failed himself his union and thousands of miners than trying to lead the strikers down the same path.....bet he still lives in his free union house .....last i heard they couldnt get him out ...the RMT is well and truly doomed .......R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: train strike

As each year passes I no longer understand the mindset of my fellow human beings.....perhaps it's the rapid escalation of that mutating human gene that is altering their brains-like our old shipmate Gulliver used to mention-and took a lot of flak by some for that view.

You see,-about the Rail Strike.... On a recent news programme the public were asked about their views of same. Now,50% of those asked were strictly against it,whilst the other 50% were supportive of the RMT--Incidentally,it wasn't a BBC programme trying as always to be seen,in it's own eyes, as being fair,and unbiased and as usual not succeeding in hiding it's pro-left or left centrist inclinations.

No,what got me was......that of those supporting the RMT strike action,most of them were business owners and workers in places like shops,cafes,restaurants etc that would be at risk of loss of income and possibly jobs because of their staff and customers not being able to get to work or visit their town !.One of them ran a cafe on a railway station! Now,surely strike action= no trains= no customers =no income =hardship ! !

What is that all about? Don't people ever learn? What is this Pied Piper hold thing that the unions have on Joe Public? Am I wrong in thinking that if anyone, a person or organisation,is hurting me, or affecting my right and ability to work and earn money for my family,then surely I must denounce them,and be seen to do so.
    As our government PM and ministers say "The unions are hurting the very people they are trying to help ."
    That wouldn't be for the first time in our history then,would it not?.

Graham
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 21st June 2022 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: train strike

CEO of network rail said on the news that there was a need to modernise the railways and how they operate or words to that effect. Then he mentioned the use of Agency staff????? Um!!! AGENCY STAFF oh dear now we have heard that recently have we not. I wonder how pension rights will be under Agency Staff employment contracts. Shame the RMT did not do more for P&O. Looks like stormy weather ahead.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post