Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: independance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default independance

I have thought for a long time i can understand the reason why scotland wales and northern ireland keep pushing for the SO called independance .....well i think perhaps it is time for the english to now join the same cry .....dump scotland ireland and wales .....and be again ..WE PRECIOUS FEW......oops now then that will cause an uproar in all the fore mentioned who constantly whinge how they want to be free .....well go for it ..england will be well free of the bickering and whinging......BUT remember there is more that keeps us together than accents and religions.....i would vote for it today ......cappyR683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: independance

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    I have thought for a long time i can understand the reason why scotland wales and northern ireland keep pushing for the SO called independance .....well i think perhaps it is time for the english to now join the same cry .....dump scotland ireland and wales .....and be again ..WE PRECIOUS FEW......oops now then that will cause an uproar in all the fore mentioned who constantly whinge how they want to be free .....well go for it ..england will be well free of the bickering and whinging......BUT remember there is more that keeps us together than accents and religions.....i would vote for it today ......cappyR683532
    you took the words out of my mouth, the problem is I believe that there is a silent majority who do not want this to happen and when they did wake up and made their voices heard it may be too late as the minority vocal agitators will have their way. The whingeing would not stop as they would continue when they realise it is not the utopia they were hoping for.
    United we stand - divided......?
    Last edited by Tony Taylor; 19th May 2022 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You use the term divided ....well look at the situation in ireland .....division appears to be the byword ....if northern ireland left the union they would still be divided .....R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These thoughtless morons who seek independence make me sick.
    Being a Scot who served in the British Merchant Navy and British Armed Forces I will always belong to the UK, especially when it was Mary Queen of Scots son, James the sixth of Scotland who gained accession to the kingdom of England when Queen Elizabeth the first died. The Union of the Crowns took place in 1603.

Regards from
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy, its not often I disagree with you, but this time I completely opposite of what you say or believe
    Opinion polls in Scotland show hat nearly 55% of the population don't want independence only Sturgeon and her cohorts are for it.
    Sturgeon controls the political scene in Scotland with great skill, if you open your mouth to disagee, you are treated with contempt and belittled by the SNP and its supporters.
    This country the UK is stronger than its separate parts and we should fight for it.
    It needs someone with a strong character and voice to take Sturgeon on, sadly there are no heavyweights of that ilk around in Scottish Politics.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ahh! Cappy....Not sure if you are "Toung-in-cheeking, If you are I'll suggest an addition. Independence for Canvey Island from oppressive Essex, or allow it to rejoin it's old country status with Holland, which part of Canvey was given to the Dutch in 1620. for saving the Island from tidal floods.

Rodney, formally of Southend-on Sea.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi cappy #1
    good evening, i know you live in yorkshire and its a very large piece of england, is it anywhere near Linton-on ouse, well if you just wait a while they are moving fifteen hundred illegal dinghy divers into that little village to be housed in the old RAF barracks, and as there are only seven hundred occupants living in the village that will mean that the villages are a minority by three to one, so my old friend im sad to say by the amount of illegal dinghy divers gaining entry each day england will no longer be the country that we desire to live in, obviously those cracked marxists in scotland the snp will want there share of the illegal dinghy divers,as they want scotland to be seen as a caring and international and welcoming of all that want to live there and as they are now banning the wearing of kilts by children, obviously so the new citizens dont get scared when the scots whilst blowing their bagpipes and swirling of their kilts are out on the hooch, But on a lighter note i think we should all stick together and get rid of the marxists along with the illegals invading our lands and we could all enjoy what we have, in peace with each other.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A funny thing is the move for Independence. The grocer's daughter and her money lending friends turned Britain into a service economy, at the cost of heave industry. hundreds of thousands lost their jobs with no prospects of further employment. The next generations see their future removed from a government in London. It is not only the Jocks the Paddies and the Taffs, now it looks as if the Cock-in-Knees want too jump ship! London independence - Wikipedia
    I still believe we are best served as a United Kingdom with regional assemblies.
    Bill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

PS #9 . Bill re the grocers daughter I will always remember the time of her exodus from the seat of higher learning !!!
    As received a letter from her establishment just before Xmas 1990 with a query , as was at sea , had to reply by R/T through landsend Radio . The letter must have been one of the last things she ever did or near enough, so for my memoirs if I had any would be that I was one of the of the last to speak to her as PM, but that is untrue as the female voice being broadcast all over the North Sea was her secretary who must have thought she was on a land line. I hope she didn’t do the same during the Falklands war and put the invasion forces she sent merrily on their way and compromise the whole operation . Cheers JS......ps did you know an engineer in Seaforth called Bill Jameson as his namesake I met the other day. However the one I remember his father had a pub in Stonehaven.Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 20th May 2022 at 01:26 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Cappy.
    As Britain was once ruled by the Welsh, the Tudor Kings, it set the scene for the future, if you don't like your present wife behead her I say. Unfortunately since then we have been ruled by Germans, who tried to oust their cousins in two world wars but failed. Once the Queen passes there may be a little hustle and bustle at the Palace, so we will have to wait and see what the spill over is. it could be the PRINCE of Wales will rule Britain, so the Welsh at least may settle down, don't know about the people from Haggis land . With apologies to Marian
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast