Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: independance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: independance

John as far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong with Charles . I may speak from a slightly different view of him than of that pushed out by the media but had the privilege of talking to him for about 15 minutes on a one to one basis. Also I have met some of his crew off the HMS Bonnington and the high regard of him that they held. If the media see an easy target who has their hands tied in the right to reply they attack as know there will be no return fire and they are safe , it used to be called cowardice and lack of decency, I still call it that. His private life is just that , and the media was very quick to act as prosecutor judge and jury knowing they were safe , they were quick to choose sides and to use innuendos to the best advantage .I would go along with nearly opposite to what they have had to say in the past. They have very little credibility as far as I am concerned and will carry that thought to the grave . Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 21st May 2022 at 07:05 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Charles is more popular now than he was a few years ago. A mistake was made by the royals when they forced Charles into marrying a girl it would appear he did not love and we all know the tragedy that led to that young womans life. Hounded to death by the media.
    Charles and Camilla look happy and content and I think even the British public have warmed and accepted them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It was HMS Bronington that that Charles was commanding not Bonington that’s an area of Leith lol

4. Thanks j.sabourn, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sometimes the keys don’t work I know W especially is sometimes missing so have to check if remember , will have to check now for R. However never knew there was an area of Leith called Bonnington and the number of times have walked up and down that Leith Walk as well . Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Sometimes the keys don’t work I know W especially is sometimes missing so have to check if remember , will have to check now for R. However never knew there was an area of Leith called Bonnington and the number of times have walked up and down that Leith Walk as well . Cheers JS
    Well John, regarding the number of times you have walked up and down Leith Walk, you must have heard off or even visited Fairleys Bar. This was a real rough house especially when Royal Navy ships were in port. The amount of times I watched sailors being ejected from the premises by the bouncers head first on to the pavement was a formality, yet only a few yards up Leith Walk towards the city centre was the Imperial hotel which was entirely different. Lots of visiting rugby supporters used to ook in there for the weekend when a match was on. Yes, Leith Walk had many rough pubs and few rough dance halls a long time ago.

Regards from
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

About 40 or 50 years ago if remember right , Edinburgh was said to be one of the drug capitals of Europe . Although I must say I never noticed anything unusual from other cities. Think I was probably in Fairleys and also the Imperial liked to see both sides of the coin. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, thank you for that.
    Having met Charles you have been able to form a good opinion, well done sir.

Yes the media have the ability to destroy any one they decide to pick on, as you say he has no come back against them.
    Some of the problem may be his at times odd behavior and the outcome with Dianne, many of the public have still not forgiven him for that.

But the main thing is that the monarchy continue, it gives stability to the nation , something so many do not have.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes Graham Shaw, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sadly neither Fairleys or the Imperial are not longer in existence

11. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post