Thread: 202 seconds

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 202 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VixV7Jph7eI&t=2s Should boris stop the armanents to ukraine.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 202 seconds

Now dont get the wrong idea , as i am dead against this War and all it stands for , especially the Tyrant that is going all out to win over Ukraine, But??

Just my thoughts as the Thread states, that supplying more and more Arms and Troops to Ukraine is for me anyway just fuelling the Fire, as is said by the Tyrant himself. He is now again threatening to Target other terrotories, if the USA and UK keep on supplying these Arms.

I know that Ukraine is in a very difficult position, but is there just perhaps a chance of a ceasefire, and an end solution , if the Arms from other Countries stops!

The Tyrant has noted that he will negotiate if this stops, how far those will go of course is anyones guess!
    But with the loss of so many of his Russian Troops and also his Armaments during this conflct so far, may be now is the time he is looking to end all this ?????

Your comments and thoughts please, keep it to the point and CLEAN!!!

Britain to send long-range missiles to Ukraine after Russia hits Kyiv (msn.com)
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 6th June 2022 at 04:55 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks j.sabourn, Graham Payne thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Technically it is not a war in fact , as no notice of war has been declared. Any use of nuclear weapons will also come before a declaration of war. It is another Korea as at the time was referred to as a Police Action. Any other country is within its rights to supply arms , if Putin decides to use Nuclear weapons then he will be replied to in kind. You never concede to threats regardless of the consequences. Putin has the mentality of a school bully his only conception of war is what he reads about in books , he is only a boy as regards his age to many on here, and like most bully’s he will rely on threats. No one should back down to him, and the same applies to China if they go along the same path. My view on the subject.
    Putin is 69 years of age too young to have been a witness to the hardships his country went through during the last war. He is probably at the time of life where he is going through his menstrual period, better known as his change of life. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 6th June 2022 at 05:47 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Putin is in such poor health according to many sources now that he is capable of just about anything.
    But Ukraine under attack is justified in defending its territory.
    How it does this is up to them and if the West want to help then so be it.

This is turning in similar fashion to the Vietnam war, North versus South, but it was in fact Russia in the North versus USA in the south.
    Vietnam was just the battle ground.

So now we have the West against Putin, battle ground, Ukraine.

On a more somber note, yesterday Rocket man declared he now has a nuclear weapon but wants to head a global commission in an effort to end all weapons manufacturing!!!!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes vic mcclymont, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doc i believe most of us have come across miscreants wanting to take you lightly and enforce iether there thoughts or treat yours less than there own....the term is BULLYING...well my views are that this type has no place iether in a MN vessel or any where else in the world ...our forefathers have given there all in the last two world wars to stop precisely the current situation in ukraine .....i have mentioned before how a big gobby barsted was put ashore with his bags for bullying a ist tripper to tears day after day .....one may have struggled but three stopped it and stopped him....the situation is in ukraine to me is ....you iether join my gang or we sort you out .....other countries are seeing this and even neutral sweden is now looking to join others for defence of there own country ....thats my view ....others may have another view ....cappy R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That nuclear threat has been with us for most of our lives, and it is only the thought of all sides being wiped out , with no winners that has kept it at bay. I have always thought that one day in the hands of a madman , who has a limited time left of his own life, and the finger on the nuclear button, might bring it about. Saddam Hussain threatened it, but overplayed his hand, because he did not have nuclear weapons, but caused a big reaction, as we all know. So the same thing is happening here, the rest of the world is not safe with Putin in charge, and he cannot be allowed to continue, so where this plays out we can only watch and hope. Putin has the same as Saddam , badly overplayed his hand, and i suspect does not know a way out without humiliation. Macron has annoyed the Ukraine by saying exactly that, he will become hyper dangerous if he is humiliated, lets hope he is removed at some point.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don’t know what the deterrents are today Keith, but during The cold war period and the Cuban Crisis , the Americans had bombers carrying atomic weapons continually in the air on a continuous rota system. With the advent of nuclear submarines and Polaris a fleet of submarines continuously at sea . I was aware of this when used to work on a Naval party off the west coast of Scotland when it was a regular job to pick up the listening devises off the bottom placed there by un-named fishing vessels to chart the propellor noise and courses of subs going out on patrol. You must have seen that film farce , Dr. Strangelove where the film finished up with him sitting on an atomic bomb getting a free ride when dropped from a B17 bomber on an undisclosed target. Such is the power of suggestion . Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 6th June 2022 at 10:02 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have no doubt that the nuclear subs are in position at this moment, and have been for some time. I like you John was on my way to Cuba when the last lot occurred , and even though we turned round for another cargo, we saw the planes the Yanks had in the air, we were being buzzed every couple of hours, and it was a twitchy time for us all.This present situation is out of our hands, and just hope someone sees sense . I see the Russian TV ( ie the Putin and his cohorts) broadcast a map of what would happen if they hit every European city, they did not have the guts to show the Russian people what would happen with the incoming !!! kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For a number of years after the war Keith all new buildings were built with the degaussing fitted to British ships at main deck level. Also even later than this to those unaware every British ship carried the Cypher communication books for any radio transmissions .Also the instruments for measuring a persons radio activity due to fallout measured in Rotogens. So anyone remembering boxes being stowed under the focsle head, that’s what was in them. These were there up until the 80s. I can see a recurrence of carrying such. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well remember the Cuban crisis and the effect it had.

But this is far more sinister than that, if Putin is as sick as many doctors now say his mind many be in such a way that he will not be able to reason in a comprehensive manner.

I see his top general has been taken out by the Ukraine army, number 9 in generals.
    A sane man in the position of Putin would surely be asking what is going wrong?

But no, he threatens the west with more anger if they continue to supply arms to Ukraine.

It is now far beyond the point of reality so unless he is removed, and there are now rumors that this may be underway, there is no knowing what he may do next.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell liked this post