Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: mad cows

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thumbs up Re: mad cows

Peep Peeps ! is HERE,Bill-there was one digit wrong in your link.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: mad cows

#23 some of those faces look vaguely familiar , thank goodness I didn’t recognise my own there amongst them .Bill what was the name of the pub next door to Seaforth s Office . The girls in that one used to fight over what colour ship they were going to spend the night on , it was I want the red one ,or the green one or the blue one as they were berthed alongside of each other upto about 7 sometimes , they weren’t called out due to the proximity to the the Quay, that was secondary to them they didn’t mind jumping ship to ship. Rather think Seaforth bought the pub in the finish to be able to close it down ? Maybe that’s why they went broke ? Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see from the video that the owner had a very good understanding of the English language.
    Obviously very popular with the clients who frequented it.
    bUt the name Peep, Peeps, maybe be at some time some one did peep in and saw something they should not.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #23 some of those faces look vaguely familiar , thank goodness I didn’t recognise my own there amongst them .Bill what was the name of the pub next door to Seaforth s Office . The girls in that one used to fight over what colour ship they were going to spend the night on , it was I want the red one ,or the green one or the blue one as they were berthed alongside of each other upto about 7 sometimes , they weren’t called out due to the proximity to the the Quay, that was secondary to them they didn’t mind jumping ship to ship. Rather think Seaforth bought the pub in the finish to be able to close it down ? Maybe that’s why they went broke ? Cheers JS
    Hi John, the Waterloo was just passed Seaforth's office. It was a struggle at times getting the lads out of it when sailing. Just round the corner was the Fittie Bar not sure if it is still open.
    Bill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seen the pilot call in to the Waterloo before boarding to see if any crew members there. I was in Aberdeen a few years ago for the 30 year anniversary of the PA but hardly recognised certain areas of the Dock area. A total different Aberdeen in its atmosphere of years ago. Before I left some of the crews were sitting on board the ships in port ,frightened to go ashore , that breathalyser frightened a lot of them. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Quarter Deck and the Yardarm were 2 more of the well known in the dock area , but they always seemed to be a bit more up market , not always though , as was in the yardarm one day with Mickey ......... and one of the divers came up to him and said to Mickey , I’m the diver and your the driver , whereupon Mickey picked him up by the scruff of the neck and the back of his pants and he went head first out through the door , not to get mixed up with the Mickeys the surname was Reid . JS
    R575129

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3