Thread: Ncis

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Ncis

Much of our attention span is taken up by watching TV where our real heroes come from , however I sometimes wonder at our intelligence and theirs. The only program worth our attention span at the moment in WA is much repeated oldies of NCIS , and imagine most have watched at some time or another. Have you ever wondered or tried to emulate the leader of the fab 5 or 6 trying to drink bourbon out of a jam jar ?, after of course blowing imaginary sawdust out of the same? I say imaginery because where does the sawdust come from , as all his leisure time the leader of this group Gibbs by name sometimes referred to as Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs by one of his scientific assistants who herself is tattooed and wears 6 inch heels , he takes his time off, building a luxury yacht in his basement , his only apparent tools a. Marine jackknife and a 6 inch screwdriver to add to his empty jam jars for guests and a quarter bottle of bourbon to go with. But what really gets me, assuming he ever finishes this seventh wonder of the seas is how he intends getting it out of his basement. I can only assume in the next series if they ever do one, his leisure time will be spent dismantling his house with the same jackknife and screwdriver to get the boat to the nearest water. Let’s just hope it floats. And he takes the jam jars and bottle of bourbon out before sea trials. Cheers JS .
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ncis

Watching a TV series last night first episodes this week 'Hidden Assets' where-in the MN ship captain wearing RN type of stripes with rondel atop was wearing his epualletes (?) upside down with the ring at his shoulder instead of the neck, the man in the street wouldn't notice, but to a seafarer it just looked unbalanced and our life was spent getting the correct balance. There were other mistakes so it became a spot the ! game rather than a thriller, set in Limerick and Antwerp so it was nice to see the old green sod on one side and multiple ships on the other

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I”ll bet in the credits after the movie they also had a name up for nautical advice as well Ivan. Hope it wasn’t some Admiral .JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If it wasn't for our DVDs we would switch the Tv off most nights, last night watched "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" on DVD, we have a cupboard full of comedies that are still as fresh as the day we first watched them, provided of course if we only watch them every six months. Hven't watched Father Ted for twelve months so we will have forgotten them somewhat.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you ever noticed that most TV police dramas are arresting.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Notice how they all stop struggling when the handcuffs are being put on. Have you ever tried handcuffing someone resisting ? Think I would be the bad cop, shoot them first then handcuff when dead. If someone came up to me shouting NCIS , I would shout back what’s that is it catching ? and put on another face mask. JS .
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the USA they have no problems putting the cuffs on a suspect.
    Their policy is very simple, shoot first, interview at the morgue.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Bill Morrison liked this post