Thread: Bottoms up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bottoms up

Yesterday I made a trip to the liquor Store (off license? Bottle shop?) I bought 4 x I.75liiter bottles of Kentucky Gentleman Bourbon. each I.75 cost US$13.10 each. 1 1.75 liter bottle of Famous Grouse Scotch at US$34.19 Total was US$86.59 plus US$7.62 Sales tax. for a total of US$94 21.

I picked up a 5 liter Carton of Pinot Grigio at the Supermarket for US$14.75 plus tax say US65 cents tax

I have a glass of wine with my dinner and two doubles of bourbon watching the news on TV and substitute Scotch for the bourbon on Sunday.

I used to have a can of beer after washing the car or cutting the grass in the summer, but living now in an apartment, the grass cutting ended and now I go to the car wash, so beers out.

What's your poison and what's your prices?

Cheers (and I mean it), Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bottoms up

I have no Poison , mine is just plain Ginger Beer, and now also found a nice Beer that is Alcohol Free called Clausthaler good drop. Ginger Beer is but $30 a Six Pack (Brookvale) and the Beer is at $ 44.95 a Case of 24

Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    I have no Poison , mine is just plain Ginger Beer, and now also found a nice Beer that is Alcohol Free called Clausthaler good drop. Ginger Beer is but $30 a Six Pack (Brookvale) and the Beer is at $ 44.95 a Case of 24

Cheers
    Doc, those prices are horrendous! I just bought a case (24 x 330ml) yesterday of D & G ginger beer for £8. I tried Clausthaler years ago and found even one bottle gave me the most horrendous headaches. Beer prices alcoholic and non alcoholic are way cheaper here, I got a case (12 x 275ml) of Becks for £8. 24 x 500ml McEwans export for £24, Famous Grouse £13, Chivas Regal £20, decent single malts start at £20 and up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Should have left my English pension in the UK and received each month in kind as alcohol . Too late now I suppose.? JS

Do the English pubs still use the old glass for top ups , or have they by now got round to issuing a clean glass with every new drink ? JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 15th January 2022 at 10:14 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    Doc, those prices are horrendous! I just bought a case (24 x 330ml) yesterday of D & G ginger beer for £8. I tried Clausthaler years ago and found even one bottle gave me the most horrendous headaches. Beer prices alcoholic and non alcoholic are way cheaper here, I got a case (12 x 275ml) of Becks for £8. 24 x 500ml McEwans export for £24, Famous Grouse £13, Chivas Regal £20, decent single malts start at £20 and up.
    Hi Tony
    Dont know if they are or not as i never actually worry about pricing on Food and Drinks! Dont know why but have always been that way!
    I have not found the Clausthaler gives me Headaches , ( I only use the Unfiltered though could be the difference ?? ) Cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Doc Vernon;395068]Hi Tony
    Dont know if they are or not as i never actually worry about pricing on Food and Drinks! Dont know why but have always been that way!
    /QUOTE]

I'm with you on that Doc, but there is only the two of us, suppose if had a family to keep would (and probably was) different. Price of drink doesn't bother me as have lost the taste for it, chocolate is my downfall but one must have a few pleasures in life. Same with petrol don't go driving miles to save a penny a litre, if the car needs it, it gets it, never let my tank get less than half full, old habits die hard as in my supt days had to jump into a car at all times of the night and drive a couple hundred miles for some misadventure, no good jumping into an empty car, not many 24 hour fuel stations in those days; although if I keep within the posted speed limits I can get near 600 miles per tank, never had a car that could do that in the old days, but alas one tends to drift over the limits on motorways early in the morning with cars being so quiet, can't listen for the revs anymore and I hate cruise control for some reason, even though my car has adaptive cruise control which brakes if you get too close to the car in front, I like to drive the car, rather than vice versa.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Should have left my English pension in the UK and received each month in kind as alcohol . Too late now I suppose.? JS

Do the English pubs still use the old glass for top ups , or have they by now got round to issuing a clean glass with every new drink ? JS
    the rules have been in place for many years regarding the use of clean glasses every time, and in some pubs they would not allow you to use your own tankard.
    But like every other rule, some abide by it while others bend it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a middy of beer when I go to the RSL, {Driving} at home I stick to the old Penfolds, if I have have bee cutting the lawn I have a small glass, now that I have someone cutting it for me I will have to find another excuse.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just say it’s on Doctors advice Des. I have a good doctor an ex army medic. When I complained about 1 tablet to he taken late at night about maybe interfering with,my glass of whiskey , he just said carry on as normal . No need to change your lifestyle , if he had carried on and said your going to die in any case , that would have spoiled the effect , and even if he had I wouldn’t have heard in any case. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Prices here in Oz for grog can vary from state to state.

For my needs I go to the essentials shop, Dan Murphy, must have been a bloody good Irishman with such a name.
    Essentials as they were allowed to trade during all the lock downs.

Scotch can go from $38 to $150 for a 750ml bottle.
    Gin from$38 to about $70.
    Brandy from $29 to $60

Beer from $40 for 24 cans up to $55 depending on beer and if on special or not.
    There are some in packs of 30 cans from $45 to about $55

Wine from as low as $3 a bottle, $38 for a case of six good ones on special.
    But up to $ 150 for some

Cask wine from $9 to $15 depending on the quality.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post