Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sampson Boat Co.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sampson Boat Co.

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Michael the only pub in Shields that Cappy visited was the Mechanics ,with the rare visit to the Ferry Inn when he was held back to touch up the paintwork on the ferry he caused . He was banned from the Jungle on the other side for causing disturbances . Cheers JS
    You just got that yarn in a minute before me Cappy. Very interesting and told in a seamanlike manner. only one query before Graham spots it “ so summoning my buddy to take a line and swing her ass out into the river” , was that Mary ? Cheers have you hit the ginger wine yet ? JS
    well i new i said it you would pick it up ......dont forget JS....i was the master ooh i love that bit i had to sacrifice someone and i knew marys tits and wooden leg would help keep her afloat ...so bracing mysel that you may lose your carnal lust for mary i cast i say cast her to her possible doom
    she floated like an air filled condom.....in a brothels bubble bath any way are you taking her out for xmas ........cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No I hear Graham the Shaw one has bought a new tux and is trying to get rid of some soon to be redundant 10 quid notes , so assumed he had been writing love letters in the sand at Marsden Grotto , not be confused with grotty. I know Mary is not happy with the way you treat her and will try and make you jealous , but you must be strong and not give in to her, the best of British Luck, better you than me. How long did you let the ginger wine stand ? Have you anything stronger for New Year , or are you going across the border for your first footing ? Have a good one anyway, make hay while the sun shines even though you are in the winter solstice .Cheers JS
    PS whenever I see the title of this post I think of Sampson Post , something of a byegone age just about , as most ships now have cranes
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd December 2021 at 01:52 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    No I hear Graham the Shaw one has bought a new tux and is trying to get rid of some soon to be redundant 10 quid notes , so assumed he had been writing love letters in the sand at Marsden Grotto , not be confused with grotty. I know Mary is not happy with the way you treat her and will try and make you jealous , but you must be strong and not give in to her, the best of British Luck, better you than me. How long did you let the ginger wine stand ? HVe you anything stronger for New Year , or are you going across the border for your first footing ? Have a good one anyway, make hay while the sun shines even though you are in the winter solstice .Cheers JS
    im not drinking properly its only medicinal all the best john enjoy that warm weather ...looking forward to the next few days ....all the little ones grown up now all is good....or as keith would know allus guut...stay safe cappy

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, Michael Black liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#11 John, never in that one, before my time. Started on Blyth pool, when that closed was sent to the one on the quay side in Newcastle, then that one closed so ended up on South Shields pool. Must have been a bit of a jonah.
    Regards Michael

6. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Black View Post
    #11 John, never in that one, before my time. Started on Blyth pool, when that closed was sent to the one on the quay side in Newcastle, then that one closed so ended up on South Shields pool. Must have been a bit of a jonah.
    Regards Michael
    michael often when im up in shields i go down the mill dam and look at the building that used to house the pool also the shipping office ...it is quite emotional i enjoyed years ago going down before opening time and having a look what was going ...plenty ships in the 50s and early 60s.....always an old shipmate or schoolmate to see and chat .....then into the steamboat .....where we all ended up taking our lifeboat tickets ....never saw anyone fail ...the instructor liked a beer after the practical .....happy daysregards cappy R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi michael black #1
    good evening, im a huge fan of the restoration of Tally Ho, although its being rebuilt in the usa she is a english yacht built in 1909 for one of the main fishing trawler owners in brixham uk, a charles hellyer was the owner, and she went on to win the fastnet race of 1927 in storm conditions, sadly she ended up in the usa in a terrible condition,
    it was so good to see a excellent tradesman like leo goolden take her on with the idea of a restoration that has turned into a rebuild of this unique and historic yacht, which will be preserved for posterity, i have enjoyed every episode to date and the standard of work is outstanding.
    ps the parrot is called pancho.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #14
    good evening, he could have just tied it off to the bitts.

tom

10. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#18, hi Thomas, yes he and his group of volunteers are doing an excellent job. I think he and “no feet Pete” make a great team. The sponsorship, donations and help given by total strangers to the project is really overwhelming. I am awaiting the next instalment.
    Regards Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2