Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Changing values

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Changing values

Values across the globe are changing, added to which we now have the WOKE brigade who want all matters to be to their liking.

Morals often go along with many other aspects of life we once knew as normal.

A lady speaking on talk back radio this morning was somewhat distressed as she told of two households she knows.
    According to her children of 11, with consent of their parents are having sex at home.
    It may be better than going to school but it does not show good parental guidance.

Yes, when in our younger day we all tried to get our leg over as son as we could.

I was at the age of just 8 taken by a girl of the same age, take all your clothes off she said and we can play at mummy and daddy.

There I was an innocent lad, well almost, mum would have killed me if she found out.

But now morals are such that no one takes much notice of such any more.
    Then the same parents later will complain that the school is not giving them lessons in correct behavior.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Changing values

Thats why we have so many single Mums in Uk, some with several kids, its a quick way into the housing and benefit system, was very much frowned on when most of us were young. Before anyone jumps down my throat, just consider the effect we had on knocking up a young lass in our time, we were expected to cough up with maintenance, it seems now the guys are off scott free. With contraception as it is today a man or women , if not wanting to produce kids, should rarely need to happen, just my view on the modern way of things, kt
    R689823

4. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Thats why we have so many single Mums in Uk, some with several kids, its a quick way into the housing and benefit system, was very much frowned on when most of us were young. Before anyone jumps down my throat, just consider the effect we had on knocking up a young lass in our time, we were expected to cough up with maintenance, it seems now the guys are off scott free. With contraception as it is today a man or women , if not wanting to produce kids, should rarely need to happen, just my view on the modern way of things, kt
    keith after i skinned out and was caught in oz ...i was an illegal immigrant ....same as these blodgers coming into the uk daily .....iwas sent to HMP adelaide ...it was not a good place .....i needed to get out quick .....pissing and crapping in a bucket a cell the size of a council house bog banged up from 4 in the afternoon till8 the next day ...absolute disgusting food ,,,and the cell so hot with no air a struggle to breath .....screws who were giving some folk a bloody good seeing to through the night ....for singing the song ..hang down your head tom dooley....while these free loaders today get 4 star hotels heating tele hot showers phones to ring back home to and bleeding spending money....plus clothes and eventualy bloody houses .....something is sadly wrong ....i learned a lesson then and it stayed with me the rest of my life......IDIDNT WANT THAT AGAIN.....as long as there is no penalties it will only grow worse ......such is life....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the song tom dooley was sung sporadically through the night ..the screws didnt like ....perhaps my scots mate who has put songs on my blogs in the past may put the song tom dooley on the site by the kingston trio....i would be obliged ......i was 18 at thatime and didnt like the idea they were still hanging them in there....changed my outlook for the better ....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Before anyone jumps down my throat, just consider the effect we had on knocking up a young lass in our time, we were expected to cough up with maintenance,
    or marriage with the girls papa shoving a double barrelled shotgun up your nose.

I see a new Norwegian Christmas advert has Santa Claus having a good old snog with a bearded fella, bet Mrs Claus is not too happy. Why do the woke brigade have to take away childrens' innocence, for pitys sake let the kids have a bit of untainted wonderment in their lives

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    the song tom dooley was sung sporadically through the night ..the screws didnt like ....perhaps my scots mate who has put songs on my blogs in the past may put the song tom dooley on the site by the kingston trio....i would be obliged ......i was 18 at thatime and didnt like the idea they were still hanging them in there....changed my outlook for the better ....cappy
    Hang down your head Tom Dooley was the first 45 I bought in Chicago in 1958, when I got home in Jan 1959, my mates had never heard the Kingston Trio and were so envious

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Best have a word with Boris
    Thought there was a special forum for politics, can't help yourself can you Lewis, your bias forever shines through no matter the subject.

10. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As far as I am aware WOKE has nothing to do with politics, but is a state of mind engendered by self righteous minority of people who become offended by something on behalf of other people who were never offended in the first place, however those people have now become offended because the feel it is an advantage to be offended and alas we normal people have to live with the consequences. I use the word normal with a great deal of latitude in its context.

All I can say Lewis is, that I do admire you because it must be such a burden to be so virtuous, however god still loves you when you fall by the wayside and settle things man-to-man on the plates

12. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz, cappy, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    thanks marion thats the one cappys redemption song ...regads old friend cappy

14. Likes Denis O'Shea, Bill Morrison, N/A liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Certain Woke nowadays refers to being aware or well informed in a political or cultural sense, especially regarding issues surrounding marginalised communities - it describes someone who has “woken up” to issues of social injustice.

K.

16. Thanks Louis the fly, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast