Thread: Frank Field MP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Frank Field MP

Now i know this is political, so delete if it causes a problem, but on the news one of our more respected MPs has announced he is dying and in favour of assisted dying. This is a delicate subject which some will disagree with, but probably all have seen loved ones dying in a terrible illness of one sort or another, but i for one agree that if my dearest was dying a horrible death slowly, and its what they would like, i would agree with that. and if it was me , a good drink of something strong and say goodbye. As said, i hope no arguments , if so , delete

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59009053
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Frank Field MP

They are debating this issue here now as well, and for myself well its a very hard call i would say, but depending on the circumstances of ones own Health and Mind, the call to have the last Jab of your life would be to say the least very daunting.
    But when in such pain and agony who knows quite what the mind thinks, sometimes i guess even if asking for the end possibly the Mind is not fully aware of what one says!
    So will not say Yes or No , to my last day, until that day arrives.

I think its easier said than done !!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some of our states here in Oz have it, but the Northern Territory has been knocked back twice by the Feral gov over this one.

Good or bad, not sure but recall watching my brother in law take his final breath, stomach big C, his son saying,' we put animals down in pain, why not people'?

Very hard one to answer as it is different for all, who knows until the time comes how you will react to it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks j.sabourn, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have been very close to death through outside sources and fully in the last seconds of expected life , found a very comforting acceptance of such , and have always said since I am not afraid of death itself , but just in the manner of that death and would like to die in comfort possibly in the comfort of my own bed and recognising the people around me. Those killed during war and other violent deaths don’t have that privilege , and should always be remembered for giving their lives for others whether on purpose or otherwise. To die at a greater than average old age is and has been a privilege to live longer than normal. No one lives for ever . But their memories can be eternal for some. Especially those who died young. JS
    PS I am so adamant about dying in comfort I have a new bed being delivered on Tuesday next , with all the gimmicks on electronically controlled for raising and lowering to different angles and with built in massagers , couldn’t find one that gave the wax treatment though ! Twin beds actually but joined together and independent of each other , the first time bedwise the wife and self have been apart in bed in 60 years. Cost a bomb , but you can’t take it with you . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd October 2021 at 04:56 AM.
    R575129

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post