Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Mixed Memories

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Mixed Memories

There is always collateral damage in any war. Thousands when it comes to innocent civilians. Crocodile tears over murderers and other criminals makes no difference to me, Hang em high in public if necessary . They are a blight on humanity. And do not deserve to live. Some countries out east still have the death penalty for carrying small amounts of drugs and are executed , those who are against it , it is none of their business and is the laws of that country , if the criminal is that stupid to believe he can flout those laws , then he deserves a bullet in the head for his own stupidity alone . Bring back all capital and corporal punishment as far as I am concerned ,the law abiding citizen has nothing to fear. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 22nd October 2021 at 11:44 PM.
    R575129

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Think no one had mentioned in war time but, collateral damage would not go down to well if the victims were your own children?

Chap that was Hanged in Cardiff prison for the Lily Volpert murder - then years after proved to be innocent.

This did little for him or for His Wife and Children.

K.

3. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terrorism and drug running are both warfare , war against society in general , if people don’t know that , then they should go back and re educate them self’s , Actual war between countries is politically brought about by differences of opinion only. Those who worship the act of war are imbeciles . My children were brought up to respect their country and obey any laws in force. If they make errors of judgement they were taught to accept the consequences of their actions. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 22nd October 2021 at 11:59 PM.
    R575129

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Sorry got it wrong, will now accept wrongful arrest, innocents made to fit the crime and
    loss of not guilty good in reality life of these people should be OK. Seems best to let those
    that do just get on with and guess C'est la vie.

Easier to agree and fall in line to assist, or am I being radicalised here ?

No need to reply, joined the club and hope all innocent people can be exterminated,
    Adolf would be proud.

Seems doing a Pontius Pilate is the best way forward in this club, ail further instructions apart
    from 'washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person'

Another Kristallnacht or the Night of Broken Glass, on the cards ?

Or have we learned anything at all ?

Two years of washing our hands continues.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 23rd October 2021 at 12:51 AM.

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I will not say much on this issue, but just that one needs to go and live in South Africa to decide wether the Death Penalty should or should not be brought back!

My Decision stands ! Bring it back ! The Sooner the better!!

End of!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You’ve been watching too many Hollywood movies and Fantazing about them .

I quote you the words of a lady of the last war the most decorated woman of that war I believe and recently discussed by us who think we are all experts , but in truth only have our own opinions
    Nancy Wake... The third woman however, was entirely different. She proudly supported the nazis..it was unthinkable to release her..That left only one option ..Nancy ..had no hestitation in making it happen. “ I am sorry, she told the woman ...you will have to be shot immediately, and I would like you to prepare for that”. Nancy recalls , “ I went to organise the firing squad”..they the marquis drew the line at executing one of them (a Woman) in cold blood , and initially refused outright to do so. “ if you don’t , I will , Nancy threatened , and meant it...they reluctantly agreed. Nancy sat under a tree to have her usual breakfast of stale croissants and coffee... the sound of shots rang around the forest as the now shattered and naked body of the woman ... crashed to the ground...
    What are your feelings on that one. Different people will have different views. If whatever they are do you consider yourself able to make that decision ? If the answer is no, then you have no right to question decisions others make , in fact you are unfit to make any rational decisions in any warlike or any other disasteruous situation you are only putting forward theory’s of what you yourself think. Another question what do you think the family of the executed woman felt like , no one seemed to have asked ? JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd October 2021 at 12:58 AM.
    R575129

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A few weeks ago they arrested a, I think a Taiwanese National shifting $350,000 worth of the drug ice into a warehouse in Sydney, the police said that they had saved the lives of around 150 Australian people, the bloke, caught red handed will probably serve around forty years in prison
    what for? It will cost the public $millions to keep him there, he is guilty of attempted murder of 150 people, hang him, shoot him, whatever.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Not certain if you are on the same thread or whom you address but, in reality:

Wake was appointed a Chevalier (knight) of the Legion of Honour in 1970 and was promoted to Officer of the Legion of Honour in 1988. Shortly after the war, she was recommended for decorations in Australia but was turned down. Decades later, Australia offered to award her medals but she refused, saying: "The last time there was a suggestion of that I told the government they could stick their medals where the monkey stuck his nuts. The thing is if they gave me a medal now, it wouldn't be love so I don't want anything from them." It was not until February 2004 that Wake was made a Companion of the Order of Australia.

In April 2006, she was awarded the Royal New Zealand Returned and Services' Association's highest honour, the RSA Badge in Gold.

Wake's medals are on display in the Second World War gallery at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra. On 3 June 2010, a "heritage pylon" paying tribute to Wake was unveiled on Oriental Parade in Wellington, New Zealand, near the place of her birth.

K.

13. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes we are aware of all that Keith. Medals are pieces of whatever that is not in dispute the question is a question of morality and decision making , would you be able to make it ? If you say no , then you can only lie at others feet who can, and recognise your own capabilities .JS
    R575129

15. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was once told by a lawyer, there is no connection between the law and justice.

If you break the law, even a speeding fine, you must pay the price.
    So if you commit murder, be it single or as an act of terrorism then you must pay the price.
    If that price is capital punishment then so be it.

Apart from the odd sudden act of passion leading to death most are premeditated, with modern scientific knowledge it is possible to be exact on the time, means and finding the culprit.
    Why should society then keep them alive, they have compromised their right to live by taking the life of another.

WOKE and others are helping to create a soft society where any person can literally get away with murder.

It is and never will be a deterrent but if it removes some of the dross from the planet then go for it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

17. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast