Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixed Memories

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Mixed Memories

people are not safe on our streets can the police protect NO if you protect your own you may well Finnish up in nick i did ask a police chief can i have a gun licence no he said can you protect my family i said because i can? put the capital punishment to the people why should we keep scum in jail for years costing millions.. just a thought jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Since 1979 until this recent very sad event there have been 6 sitting MP's murdered.
    I remember Jo Cox 2016, I've never forgotten Airey Neave being murdered by the IRA in 1979, his car was in the house of commons underground car park, the IRA planted a bomb under the car which detonated when he turned on the ignition, the blast blew off both his legs, he died from his injuries in
    hospital, I remember him because he was the first man to escape from Colditz WWII, cheers.

3. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Death penalty saves a lot of tax payers money
    A friend was a Nurse, [Warder] I Ashworth HOSPITAL fOR THE Criminal insane, on Merseyside.
    , hE TOLD ME THAT THEY LIVE IN LUXERY
    Anything they want
    He looked after Ian Brady who killed Six Kids.
    I cost FIVE MILLION POUNDS TO KEEP HIM HAPPY

If a member of your family is murdered would you like to see him living in Comfort while you tend your daughters grave??

A life sentence is 15 years.
    Apologise at the trial and get one third off, then Good Behavuour get half off [ on tag] So some only serve FIVE YEARS and back on the street. to Kill again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So true Capt! And that is the way that the World is now, just let the Crims get it all too easy, not only the Murderers but all Types, that just get their hands slapped for something that deserves a whole lot more!
    The Judicial Systems these days are at times just a joke, where as you say for instance a life Sentence can become just a few Years! What Justice is that i ask! Its all too Crazy!!! And until the System is looked at and changed dramatically these Crimes will just get worse and worse! We really do need a Deterrent!!!!??????
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Well if there is no cathedral there that is breaking traditions of my lifetime. Every city in the UK had to at one time have to have a Cathedral. Now in Australia is slightly different , I was told on arrival that a town had to have a population of 25,000 or was it 20,000 to attain that title. JS...
    Some say it does have a cathedral John others say it doesn't, not sure if it's a rule or a tradition but always thought there had to be a Cathedral to be a city.
    I first heard of David Amess when he won his Parliamentary seat at Basildon in 1983, he switched to Southend West in 1997,he was one of the Good uns,
    he was a very good MP and served his constituency with dedication, he was a thoroughly good man, will be greatly missed and a hard act to follow.
    The savage murder of Sir David Amess has left the town in shock, Belfairs where the crime took place is a particularly nice area with a lovely Golf course,
    like any other town Leigh has it's share of miscreants, but is seen as a pleasant place to live. For centuries it has been a fishing town and was once a
    busy port until the channels silted up and became to shallow for the larger sailing ships, today that part of the town is known as "Old Leigh", the
    fishing boats catch mainly shellfish and whitebait, Leigh is famous for its cockle sheds, the main part of Leigh has been developed since the early 19 hundreds and is a a bustling town with good restaurants and general shops and pubs, cheers
    Last edited by John F Collier; 19th October 2021 at 10:12 PM.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is why I agree with what the Chinese are doing with their M's brain washing the rubish out of them.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Keith at Tregenna Guest

City status must be granted by a monarch and, contrary to popular belief, it is not a status that is immediately given to a large town with a high population or a cathedral.

Historically, cities were settlements with a cathedral, and those places remain cities. Thus, many settlements that are now comparatively small, such as Ely, Wells, or Salisbury, have long had city status. A cathedral is not a requirement for city status to be conferred, though Birmingham was the first town without a cathedral to become a city, in 1889.

K.

10. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is in Australia , she may also be queen of Australia but today Australia itself is self governing and makes its own decisions on such. The queen is recognised as long as Australia wants it to be , most here agree with the monarchy system of the rituals etc. but never assume Australia is beholden to the uk. Australia stands up for itself in the eyes of the world and makes its own choice of names be they city or anything else. At the moment Australia only has the union flag in the corner as the people want it there. Another generation and it will probably be gone as the Anglo Saxon presence here will the same as the uk be in the minority . Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Victoria, the first people here were hand picked in UK by the highest in the land.

But they made it what it is today, the most fantastic bloody country there is.

Yes we are a mixture of about 180 different nations but we live, well most of the time, as one.

It was always said to be a city it must have a cathedral, so we built one in each city, no worries mate and don't you worry about the population most have a religion, could be VB, Fosters, XXXX, Tooyes or any of the other fine brews here.
    Me, I am a member of the church of Dan, Dan Murphy that is the local grog shop.
    Pray in there at least once a week.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john the court system in the old days was made to populate Australia you could be deported for pinching a loaf for your starving family some for an apple just to populate the country even prison sentences of a few years there knowing you could not get home people say prisoners of mother england no chance the order came from this government in case any other lands claimed it? jp

15. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast