Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Impressions

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Impressions

Things go wrong in countries because Moderate thinking people put up with it and by the time they wake up it will be to late.

Take my own little Island 90 % of the population just want to live in peace and harmony but we have a tribal political system and all it takes is the likes of the DUP to wave a Union Flag and the same with the SF and wave the Irish flag and all the old wounds open up again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#10 I agree Doc. Friends of ours are falling like flies and making new ones at this time is a little fraught.
    Our policy has always been " our door is always open pop in anytime for tea, coffee and if lucky maybe a biscuit"
    WA in the 70's and 80's was good for that, no appointment necessary, if the car is in the car port come in if not come back later. Very friendly and easy going. If you do that now people look at you with suspicion.
    So much internet these days and so little actual face to face communication.
    Edward De Bono would be sad as he was the forerunner of lateral thinking and reading body language etc. Found that very useful in my past job as it helped to understand just what your patients were really thinking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vernon, you in the March us in the May.
    Yes the country has changed, but which has not?

The world is evolving in a manner that I do not care for, I view the nightly news on SBS and see some of the conditions people live in some countries and ask myself, is this really the 21st century?

But so many of them are bound up by religious barons who live and die by their belief.

It will get worse in the future as slowly they infiltrate other countries, watched a video of 'immigration' around the world.
    What it showed of Birmingham UK was indeed frightening to say the least.

But for now at least Oz is still a very safe place, to some degree our isolated place on the planet assists in keeping us safe for now.

Looking at many other countries I know where we are at the best situation to survive nay of this crap occurring in other places.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Victoria Moss thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2