Thread: Impressions

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Impressions

As it often arises in posts about the make up of some countries , and as some take note of changes in the society in which they live.. as a fairly new newcomer to Australia this is my personal impression... coming from a country the uk which was pretty well established as a multi cultural society with all its problems raised by different cultures, I was impressed by the difference it was here . All citizens appeared to me to accept Australia and its way of life and all appeared to be happy to be Australians. However in the 30 years I have lived here I have noticed that feeling has slowly dissipated and recent scenes broadcast on the media has advanced that feeling with scenes of mob violence in Melbourne. The message repeatedly pushed by some of multi cultureism being good for a country maybe true or not , but it certainly looks like those in charge of acceptance for citizenship should Be a little bit more circumspect in their choices . Australia appears to be well on its way to following the uk in all its problems . The laws of a country have to be followed by all, and no leeway given to those who want their own laws seems to always be the stumbling block for most.
    JS
    R575129

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Impressions

My sentiments as well. A story this morning, two women with their two little girls were having a picnic in Sydney minding their own business
    when this couple with six kids come along and started to abuse them,[apparently these people with the dog were anti vaccers] the bloke was hitting the women, two men came along to help the women and the bloke set his dog on them both were bitten on the arms. the police have pictures and are now looking for the coward.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

4. Thanks j.sabourn, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The days of our youth Des where the slogans of such as Manners Maketh Man, and was impressed on you always to remember when abroad you were an ambassador of your country , are all in the twilight years of the past. Coward is too good a word for him, a piece of sh-t is more appropriate , a total disgrace to humanity,and belongs in the sewer which he crawled out of . JS
    R575129

6. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The current situation here in Melbourne is not a new one.
    There have been over the past 30 or so years many such events though this is by far the worst.

There is an element of extreme right wing loonies who have no real agenda but will cause havoc when ever they can.
    I recall when being at the Uni during O week.
    If there was to be a protest of any kind the organisers would come on campus and offer the students $20 to join in, rent a mob we called them.
    It got so bad they were eventually banned from campus.

In all walks of life there are those who think the world owes them, or that they should get special treatment.

I would give them special treatment starting with ten strokes of the birch on a bare a***But once you leave the cities and move up country, or down to the coast the attitude is far different.
    There you are just another guy who will be welcome as long as you behave which 99% do.

Oz is still a great place, none better but sadly the 'nutters' do live in all countries.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well all the ones that weren’t born here John including most of us , took an oath of allegiance , so all the ones taking part in their fiascos are also traitors to their oath and should be tried on that crime alone if necessary. Deportation would be my first response . The next general election any one going for public office who voices similar options will get my vote. Doesnt matter What party flag they sail under , could be the Jolly Roger as far as I am concerned. Cheers JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is one of the problems we have in UK, we have allowed to many different factions to live in the UK, and then they have made every attempt to impose their religion or ways of life within the way that was ours. The biggest mistake i believe we made was to allow people wearing a turban exempt from wearing a safety helmet. its the rule in UK to wear one for everyone else, it was the thin edge of the wedge, and all sorts of demands and exemptions followed from that. aid you want to live in another country, follow their rules, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have Mounties wearing turban's.
    They just don't look like the real thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes indeed a big change in People and Policies here in Aussie, since we arrived, also just classing us as sort of New Comers! Arrived in March of 1980 to what was then a very lovely Country (Still is) but so much has changed in the Years we have been here, and unfortunately cannot say for the good!

Its a great pity that this has and still is happening, its taken away that real feel of great Freedom, and Aussie Yahoo! Something that i loved. Call a spade a spade and get done with it.

Some of the best mates i had met in earlier Years, nowdays though one cannot be too careful who you choose to be a Friend, and i can tell you they are very few and far between.

Yes so sad that things change, and not only here but in many many parts of the World .

But one thing for sure we of the past Years have for sure had the best of Life, in more ways then one ,so that at least is edged into our Memories!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vernon, you in the March us in the May.
    Yes the country has changed, but which has not?

The world is evolving in a manner that I do not care for, I view the nightly news on SBS and see some of the conditions people live in some countries and ask myself, is this really the 21st century?

But so many of them are bound up by religious barons who live and die by their belief.

It will get worse in the future as slowly they infiltrate other countries, watched a video of 'immigration' around the world.
    What it showed of Birmingham UK was indeed frightening to say the least.

But for now at least Oz is still a very safe place, to some degree our isolated place on the planet assists in keeping us safe for now.

Looking at many other countries I know where we are at the best situation to survive nay of this crap occurring in other places.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post