Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynamite

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Dynamite

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE TWO DUCK HUNTERS FROM PRINCE ALBERT?

TRUE STORY HEARD ON A SASKATOON RADIO STATION REPORTING ON THE INCIDENT.

A guy buys a new Lincoln Navigator from Merlin Motors in Saskatoon for $62,500.00 (with monthly payments of $560.00).

He and a friend go duck hunting at Tobin Lake in mid-October; and of course, the lake is frozen.

These two guys go out on a lake with their GUNS, a DOG, and of course the new NAVIGATOR.

They decide they want to make a natural-looking water area for the ducks, something for the decoys to float on.

Now making a hole in the ice large enough to invite a passing duck, is going to take a little more power than the average drill auger can produce.

So, out of the back of the new Navigator comes a stick of dynamite with a short 40 second-fuse. Now our two Rocket Scientists,

afraid they might slip on the ice while trying to run away after lighting the fuse (and becoming toast, along with the Navigator),

decide on the following course of action: they light the 40-second fuse; then, with a mighty thrust, they throw the stick of dynamite as far away as possible.

Remember a couple of paragraphs back when I mentioned the NAVIGATOR, the GUNS, and the DOG...???

Let's talk about the dog: A highly trained Black Lab used for RETRIEVING!!!

Especially things were thrown by the owner. You guessed it: the dog takes off across the ice at a high rate of speed

and grabs the stick of dynamite, with the burning 40-second fuse, just as it hits the ice.

The two men swallow, blink, start waving their arms and, with veins in their necks swelling to resemble stalks of rhubarb,

scream and holler at the dog to stop. The dog, now apparently cheered on by his master, keeps coming.

One hunter panics grabs the shotgun and shoots the dog.

The shotgun is loaded with #8 birdshot, hardly big enough to stop a Black Lab. The dog stops for a moment, slightly confused then continues on.

Another shot, and this time the dog, still standing, becomes really confused and of course terrified, thinks these two geniuses have gone insane.

The dog takes off to find cover, under the brand new Navigator.

The men continue to scream as they run. The red hot exhaust pipe on the truck touches the dogs rear end, he yelps,

drops the dynamite under the truck and takes off after his master.

Then''''''''''BOOOOOOOOOOOOM''''''''''!!!!

The truck is blown to bits and sinks to the bottom of the lake, leaving the two idiots standing there with...... 'I can't believe this just happened' looks on their faces.

The insurance company says that sinking a vehicle in a lake by illegal use of explosives is NOT COVERED by the policy.

He still had yet to make the first of those $560.00 a month payments...

In case you are wondering...The dog is okay.

Newspaper item from the Saskatoon Star-Phoenix..

AND THEY MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE FROM NEWFOUNDLAND?

Vir
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dynamite

while in newcastle NSW in 61.....i along with others were arrested for a carry on in the seven seas bar ..for a carry on with some aussies...the cells were filled.so me and a big irish AB were locked into what was a circular woooden box about 5 foot high ....this was opposite were a sergeant was filling in paper work for all those arrested.....paddy starts shouting come over here you big cxxt.....and i will spread you all over the joint ......the copper comes over and whacks paddy with his stick ......sadly he also whacks me .....the hit was on the head and a good bang .....i called him a ozzie pufter so he came back and hit me again ....he also hit paddy .....paddy started to call him an ozzie something sucker ......at this time the watches were changing ......bloody paddy was calling all them going of duty every name imaginable......the coppers gave paddy a whack with there sticks and me one for good measurewe must have had 15 to twenty wacks......i toldpaddy for christ sake shut your gob ...he took a swing at me ..so i put one on him ...the coppers were then laughing .....the sergeant must have had some decency ..he opened the door and said go on now eff off ..paddy started to mouth off...i dragged him away .....the next day i was truly black and blue ......anyway 8 or 9 months later last port in spain as we sail.paddy is pissed again shouting at the old man on the bridge he is a effin old bastard ....and couldnt row a rowing boat ......alongside paddy is a second trip apprentice with a bottle of vino collapso calling the mate unmentionable names as we saile away to the uk and payoff ....no one would believe it ....shore wallahs dont know what they missed.......happy days cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sometimes Cappy, i don't believe what we got up to all those years ago !!, most would think we were telling porkies. I remember joining one of Ellerman Papayanis in London, and strait to Rotterdam for loading. Three of us went ashore and had a few wets, and returning to the ship, the young German OS, grabbed hold of a Moped type bike, he managed to start the engine, but with no key the handlebars were locked, so there we were going round and round in circles. Along came the Dutch plod, and though we had tried to leg it, they had us. At the police station they had each one of us in a circle of 5 cops, and which ever way you turned they whacked us. gave us a good kicking as well, then into the cells for the night. They contacted the ship after we were fined, cannot remember how much, but recall it was a few quid, the problem was initially the skipper refused to pay the fine, because we had no money in the ship, which had us worried. Eventually relented, paid the fine , logged us the couple of days we had been in the cells and court. Believe it or not, i paid of 8 weeks later with a VG VG in my book, Mind you i have never told my nippers any of these stories, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We , most of us sure did get up to some Antics in our Younger days, and like the above Posts and as said so many who read these sort of things wont believe a thing! Many Stories sound to far fetched and downright impossible at times, but we did them and w know it!
    That is one reason that i myself do not post such of myself~
    I have a Story that i wrote up some time ago about my time in the FFL , but with what transpired who would believe me these days!
    So i just stay quiet!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Keith.
    Go on, tell the nippers, I do, then I tell them that they are lucky to be here, and after I tell my wife about some trouble or close shave she always says, that's another time the kids are lucky to be here.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy, that sounds like nick nack paddy whack............

Hull in 1964 we went ashore for a wet or two or too many.
    WE had to get back aboard and the ship was on the other side of the quay.

One of the lads spotted a row boat, yes we can row across saves the long walk.

So off we go rowing away, then we saw a number of other small crafty following us, very odd.
    Then we knew why, they were all chained together, some form of security.
    So row back to the shore and the long walk back.
    By that time we had sobered up so al that grog for nothing.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John in Oz, this could be the origin of your dynamite story written many years ago by Henry Lawson.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSvI...=EnglishForYou

Bob

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtsman View Post
    John in Oz, this could be the origin of your dynamite story written many years ago by Henry Lawson.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSvI...=EnglishForYou

Bob
    had a book off poems by henry lawson i believe ....ozzies finest poet ...remember he was born in the gold fields in the 1800s ......a truly great poet .....giving his nation .....the poetry in the hard times in oz.... would reccomend his poetry to any ozzie who loves his country......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I recall some yeas back, asking Doc to post some of his time in the FFL.
    I am sure all here would be interested.
    Then again, if Doc would rather not, so be it.

10. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Will think on it Den, but as you know of past , i did not want to due to bad memories. However as time passes so does the bad past fade!
    I have not yet quite finished the writings on that, but will keep in mind once i do!
    Its quite a long Story and just one of my past times!

Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 23rd September 2021 at 09:24 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast