Thread: Puff puff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Puff puff

For my sins for the past 17 years I have been a Volunteer at the local Community Health center.
    Two days a week I supervise the Men's Shed, it was the first one in Australia in 1976 and evidence shows the first in the world.

On Friday I work in the Day center there.

The day center operates Monday through Friday with groups of 20 male and female, all are either medically or socially challenged.

Friday is men only, all in a similar situation to those of the other groups.

The photo shows train I made in the Shed, simply constructed from bits of waste wood. The logs in are trimmings from a fruit tree of mine and the yellow cargo is made from pre loved champagne corks.
    I am currently working on a second train which will be a passenger one, but with the current restrictions I am doing some of it at home.

The current one will be raffled for Christmas, tickets sold to the group members and center staff.

The money will be split 50/50 with the day center, they will get 40 cents in the dollar, the men's Shed 60cents in the dollar.

Monies will go to buy additional for the Shed, the Day Center will put theirs to general income for use.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 17th September 2021 at 03:50 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Puff puff

Good handy man John! Well done there!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website