Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Electric lorries

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Electric lorries

Remember one time in Cuba not too long after Castro got in , somhow got involved in a pub with this Cuban coastguards man who thought he was big buddy’s with me. Every night he was on the Quay waiting for me to go ashore. Mind he did show me the underworld so to speak. But being a slow learner which I”m sure he was he had a nasty habit of pulling this military handgun out from behind his shirt and pointing it at passers by and going bang ! Bang ! Until we got into one of the dives where he did the same, only this time there were about 5 other guns pointing in our direction , and I was the first under the table just like the movies. Rough isn’t the word for it. JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 31st July 2021 at 11:30 AM.
    R575129

2. Likes Tony Taylor, Fouro, Graham Shaw liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re # 23.
    Your Cuban coastguard buddy most probably had it all arranged to see how brave you were John. He couldn't have been much impressed with your actions I'm afraid.

Regards from
    Fouro

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cuba in those days people today would not recognise. Castros men all trying to be replicas of him , khakis and beards and machine pistol slung over the shoulder used to wander on board and help themselves out of your cabin or elsewhere and if you wanted to argue with them it was your choice or funeral. people today talk about Cuba knowing nothing about the past atrocities and murders committed at the time. I was in Cuba before and after Batistas time and certainly noticed the difference. Cheers JS
    R575129

6. Likes N/A liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3