Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The loss of the Indian Cargo Ship ss SAUDI in 1973 and her large 'Crew' ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The loss of the Indian Cargo Ship ss SAUDI in 1973 and her large 'Crew' ...

Another thing they used to hang over the side Des was dead camels. I used to think maybe they did that to stop pollution of their inner waterways, but on thinking back it may have been their dinner after it had been stretched. They must never have gone hungry because there were always plenty hanging off various ships. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The loss of the Indian Cargo Ship ss SAUDI in 1973 and her large 'Crew' ...

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #8. Graham I think you can trace your roots back to Chad , remember him ? An artist of such wisdom he always had his nose over the fence looking for something but never knew himself what it was, not be confused with Kilroy who was already there, had been before and was coming again to a site in your neighbourhood. At least he saw all those decades ago to get out of Shipping and take up painting dirty words on walls , which later developed in to a thriving business for various councils in metropolitan areas. Cheers JS
    Wot Wot ? You leave my Roots alone JS-what goes on between me and my Grecian 2000 bottle is my business.

Well John,amongst other things,a Chad is the little punched hole paper circular remnant shape thing when you use a paper punch (well,you try describing it ! ) or a Chad is... ", ,a usually disparaging internet slang term used for a popular, confident, sexually active young white male!" - so,that rules me and I suspect most of us out then!

Graham
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 2nd July 2021 at 05:17 AM.

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I thought Chad was a place in Africa , but there you go. Just shows what an education can do for one .Also that roots were those things one squared like the square root of 1 is 1 . But there again the cube root of 1 Is me, myself , and 1 . A root to different people means different things now to Cappy it probably means private sexual things better not discussed on here, and to a pig it probably means a hunt for turnips. Do you buy your Grecian 2000 in Roots the chemist ?
    Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are correct there John, Chad is indeed in Africa.

The people are Chadians but am not aware as to the length of their nose or if there is a suitable wall for it to hang over.
    But if l
    Lewis gets his spy glass out he may be able on a clear day to see that far and find out.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fantastic piece.

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Most of the ships I sailed on had a crew of 65, they were Castle, Port line P&O and CP ships, bit less on BP and Shell.
    Terry Sullivan R340406

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2