Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: health secretary resigns

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: health secretary resigns

Lewis a bit of banter .....you appeared to be laughing at his marital situation..or not even laughing ...sniggering would be the correct word in my estimation....well he has left his wife for the other woman .....whats to snigger about at that ...it happens the world over ...or perhaps people must suffer together because of some religious claptrap...have a life of misery ...and have children living in a home filled with trauma and unhappiness....but then you are entitled to your pontifications ....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: health secretary resigns

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Really do find sniggering at another mans plight with such relish a bit OTT....he broke the contact rule .....thats his downfall ....not having an affair .....let him without guilt snigger and methinks a bit of snitchery is abroard ....but then it takes allsorts.... some never fail to surprise with there pleasure at another mans distress......its not humour in any sense but a sad soul perhaps...R683532
    Cappy,I suppose it's that old thing we call Schadenfreuden- pleasure derived from someone from another person's misfortune.Trust the clever Germans to come up with a one-word description like that, and which is now known and used by shrinks all over the world. I suppose it's part of the human psyche really.We all do it,mostly unintentionally.It's commonly used for example when you don't like a political party that doesn't tie in with your own political views,or take pleasure in decrying the woes of another country.I can only think of one particular instance (though doubtless there are others)when I felt great schadenfreude.That was the time 63 years ago when my toddler contemporary Steven P.-I won't give his surname because he might still be alive- had just received a brand new toy scooter for his birthday.Steven looked at my rather battered older machine that used to be my big sister's and unkindly smirked. Well,I'm not sure what happened next because I was upset and in any case was only five,but there was a howl as my pompous little friend collided with a garden wall in the avenue,grazing his knees and elbows and scratching the paint on his new Triang Mobylette.. A whole hitherto-unfelt emotion overwhelmingly swept over me.That was Schadenfreude, with a capital Sh,although I do grudgingly accept now that another emotion called Jealousy might have been involved....Scooter.gifMy psychiatrist told me that it might well be,in his opinion,one of the earliest recorded example of a juvenile schadenfreude experience,and would I like to participate in a Psychoanalysis Study Group Forum. No I do not !, I replied .I never went back but did get myself embarked on a career at sea.The best therapy there is I think,because I have met a goodly share of out-and-out fruitcases in my time out there that all seem as well-adjusted to life as me...

- -
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 27th June 2021 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i agree with you, Cappy. There are 6 children suffering in this adult mess. Imagine how their school days panned out this week and the dross that would have been directed at them via Social Media? Doesn't bear thinking about. I am extremely sorry for all of them caught up in matters beyond their control.
    Brenda
    Last edited by Brenda Shackleton; 27th June 2021 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi ivan cloherty #15
    good morning, quite correct in your use of that old adage he who cast the first stone,
    i must add i recently changed all my window glass to perspex,
    the bricks just bounce off.
    tom
    Last edited by thomas michael; 27th June 2021 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi marian#22
    i refer to the mafia adage keep your friends close and your enemies closer. because it was definitely someone very close,and its always surprising how many friends stitch you up.but to add to injury ive just read handcock has gone off with the scarlet women, what a clot ? he does not need enemies.
    tom

6. Likes N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We recently had a poli here caught giving one of his staff a good seeing to in the office .
    Not politically correct he was told but a slap over the wrist did the job.
    Not the first one.
    Some years ago we had one just back from an overseas trip and his wife came to the office so he served here there.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the photo of him kissing was taken i think was in may his marriage was over at that time is this just the sun rag stirring the sh.t again for sales? the government in this pandemic is relying on medical people what they give the government the government give you yet its the government that are getting criticized for it we are doing our best to stop the spread but some want to go to court becouse they cant get their yearly tan in a country were we are no liked? how many people are hiding in this country that will not get a jab for fear they are found out so they stay away from getting the vaccine .. just my view jp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast