Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cereal

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cereal

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Don't know what part of UK you've ridden it Lewis, but as a car driver I always move over for motorcyclists when in traffic jams in town or on the motorway, I like my wing mirrors intact!

I also follow the HGV unwritten code on single carriageways, if the way is clear ahead I flick on my left indicator, if the way is not safe to overtake I flick on my right indicator, most riders and motorists understand the system which is widely used throughout the UK and essential on our roads in Devon and Cornwall. Most riders appreciate it and give a raised hand as they pass.
    As an ex motorcyclist I always do the same; One of my daughters is Blood bike volunteer rider and as such is an advanced driver and blue light trained by the police. She regularly complains about car drivers not only being inconsiderate but outright dangerous at times. She is reluctant to use her blue lights as she reckons so many motorists do not know how to react as they can cause unexpected reactions

2. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cereal

Yes Victoria we have them here, I did hear that they were used in EU at one time but removed as they are so dangerous.

Smile if from Tassie, of course we will make exceptions for you coming from there LOL.

But here in Victoria we allow push bike to ride on the side walk and they have special lanes on roads.
    We must give them a one meter clearance on roads at 60 KPH and 1.5 on faster ones,

They cause more problems than emough.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2