Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Death penalty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Death penalty

Just Curious.,

What do the members think about having a Death Sentence for murder Today a killer has been given parole and released after 30 years in gaol, He Raped and killed two 15 year old schoolgirls.
    So he is only serving 15 years for raping and killing each girl.
    he will be back on the streets, frustrated after 30 years without a woman. He has nothing to lose so will he do it again?
    They will have to find him somewhere to live, he will be unable to find a job as no one will employ a killer so he will be a Benefit Bum.
    So I think these people should be hanged
    I wonder if the Parole Board asked the parents if it was OK

There are around 1,000 killings a year in the OK. No Deterrent

cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Death penalty

Totally agree!
    A relative of mine was in the police at the time of abolition, I always remember him saying, you watch, the murder rate will rocket; and here we are.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mixed feelings over the Death Penalty but if there was a referendum on it I'd probably vote for, the two things I'd like to see restored are
    National Service and Borstal, we do need deterent's and for so many of today's younger generations to learn to respect others,it took many
    years to get where we are, it won't be cured overnight, "If Ever", Spare the Rod spoil the child, comes to mind, cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes National Service indeed should be brought back, that would help some with the ever increasing crime rate al over, and as for the Death Penalty well i too have mixed feelings there, as it has been said that there have been those who were put to death by whatever means in the past that were in fact innocent! Not many i agree but still?? However if one is found Guilty 100% of the Crime, then yes the Death Penalty should be brought back. Only thing is i feel that Hanging although may deter others when seeing it, is a bit gory for these Modern days ,so would go with the Lethal Injection way, or possibly the Gas Chamber ??
    Cheers Gory Subject LOL
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 7th June 2021 at 08:30 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Lewis McColl Guest

No way that the death penalty should be brought back. But life should mean life. Sorry to many police investigations have been flawed because of a stitch up. Even video evidence can be tampered with. Forensic evidence been interfered with.

And we still do not know who H is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    No way that the death penalty should be brought back. But life should mean life. Sorry to many police investigations have been flawed because of a stitch up. Even video evidence can be tampered with. Forensic evidence been interfered with.

And we still do not know who H is.
    I agree with Lewis. But I’d go one step further, life with hard labour.
    Duke Drennan R809731

7. Thanks Doc Vernon, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Brian.
    Is that the Pr$%#k who raped and murdered those two little girls that were wearing the soccer jerseys? if I remember correctly he helped in the search?
    I agree with the Death penalty where it is absolutely sure that the perpetrator was responsible, and despite cases where we know they hanged the wrong person, if in doubt don't, but as I say if in no doubt yes.
    We have just had a bloke who raped many, and killed two women who has just been
    Deseleased, when the people in the building found out they had to shift him, now the authorities who we look to to safeguard us are hiding his identity from where they took him to live, if he does it again all they do is say they are sorry.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

9. Thanks Doc Vernon, Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As said and not to make an issue of this but as long as its proven 100% beyond doubt then yes Death!
    Just an offbeat question to the ones that say No.
    And i will not go any futher but!
    As an off if it was one of your own Children that got Raped, then say Decapitated or something awful like that, would you or your Family be satisfied with just a Prison Sentence?? I know i certainly would not be !
    As for Hard Labour well would add a bit of extra punishment, but would not justify the Crime!
    Most all Prisons in the Modern World now are just Holiday Camps, (not all) get looked after, Fed, Housed , Entertainment , and more! Its a real Comedy!

A lot of these sorts are happy to be inside, as they dont work and but for the lack of Freedom (which many dont care about) they live the life of Riley!

No way Hosay! Send those types to the Chambers!!!
    End of my Rant LOL
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The cost of keeping some one in prison for life runs into millions.

Singapore has the right solution, on average some 60 per year are hanged, always on a Friday at 0600 hours.

In UK in 2017, last year we were there there were some 90 murders in the first six months, all with a knife.
    Why should we pay to keep such alive.

Remember the two who murdered the squaddie in cold blood in front of every one.
    No doubt there so top them.

Of course they could go to the tower and await the axe man, much better way.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the legal system in this country is a joke we cant name young killers rapists for legal reasons what if they came to live next door to you? one thing i would bring back is public flogging i bet you would keep your nose clean for the rest of your life. this community service is not a deterrent to some of the scum walking the streets in our day if you broke a window you paid for it now you can do damage to property costing thousands and get a few hours unpaid work its a joke hang if guilty like terrorists stabbing the public the french have got it right shoot on the spot we are far to soft and this thing that is coming out why he should have got full life he will kill again? jp

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast