Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Death penalty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Death penalty

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    yes john to populate the country steeling a loaf when starving or an apple same as press gangs i still have a putter pot with glass bottom in case the kings shilling was slipped into it we never had clean hands but that was the empire for you? jp
    That's right John and look what happened, they learned to play rugby, well sort of , then they pinched our Ashe with their dodgy cricket,
    they never forgave us for sending them to Botany Bay , I'm outa here , cheers

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just watched a movie I had seen before a few years ago.
    In the name of the father starring Daniel Day Lewis , Pete Postlethwaite, Emma Thompson. If you have never seen it ,it is well worth a watch, it is still available on Netflex. Basically it is about the Guildford 4 IRA Bombers.

The Guildford Four and the Maguire Seven were the collective names of two groups whose convictions in English courts in 1975 and 1976 for the Guildford pub bombings of 5 October 1974 were eventually quashed.

When they were sentenced the Judge said they should have been tried for Treason and he would have handed down the Death Penalty. The death penalty was still available in 1975 for treason. It was not until 1998 that the death penalty was completely removed from British Law.

The Guilford 4 served 15 years before there wrongful conviction was over turned on appeal. The Metropolitan Police had obtained confessions by coercion and torture from the Guilford 4 and members of the McGuire family. Mrs McGuire served the full 14 year sentence, her children served 4&5 years in juvenile detention centres . Patrick "Giuseppe" Conlon died in Prison 3 years into a 30 year sentence , Patrick "Giuseppe" Conlon was not even in England at the time of the Bombings.
    It was proved on appeal that the police had deliberately with held witness statements from the defence.
    No police officers were ever charged for falsifying and tampering with evidence, WHY NOT??
    This is why the death penalty should never be introduced back into the judicial system in the UK.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; Yesterday at 11:41 PM.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As i have stated Lewis , i too know of some by readings that have been Executed and they were innocent, however i did say that if only proven Guilty by 100% in all circumstances , beyond any possible doubt, then the Death Penalty should for sure be put into force for those cases! No matter where it is !

For John in Oz!

Look at the Population Figures compared to the percentage Crime Rates, this will give you an idea as to the rate in Australia against population ?? High isnt it>
    Cheers

Crime Rate By Country 2021 (worldpopulationreview.com)
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; Today at 01:42 AM.
    Senior Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5