Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Death penalty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Death penalty

In London in 2017 I got to speak with a couple of cops outside Whitehall, both had sub machine guns.
    When I said from Oz they both pointed out that our cops all wear a gun.
    We do have crime here, guy down in Tassie set a world record at one time for mass shootings, he lost that to some yank.
    He is still inside for life at it is estimated almost half a million dollars a year, length of rope costs about $20.

Most of the crime here is drug related and one of the biggest busts has just occurred.

But the new prisons are better equipped than some old persons homes, and better fed.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Crime is a form of job creation, yes I know it is not fun for the victim, this post is only in jest so let's not have the pacemakers kicking in.
    Think about it a burglar breaks into your home , smashes a window and steals everything. TV , Washing Machine , Tumble dryer etc! The real hurt comes when they steal personal items of sentimental value.
    But back to crime and job creation. You call the police to report the break in , they may or may not even bother to attend the scene. But if they do likely at least two will show up maybe more, here in the UK it will depend on your post code.
    So you have to get someone to supply and fit a new window. (job creation) claim on the insurance (loss adjuster) again job creation. Someone has to build , transport, and deliver your new White goods(job creation) ( am I allowed to call them White goods these days?) Anyway the police catch the burglar, he has the right to legal representation , Lawyer(job creation) he is jailed but someone has to build and maintain gaols(job creation)
    So in actual fact Crime has it's place within modern society as it creates jobs. Even the victim adds to the creation of jobs if they failed to ensure their property was not secure in the first place. No doubt one of the first things a home owner will do after having been burgled will get a security alarm installed, again (job creation)
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 9th June 2021 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis, how long did it take you to think that one up?
    Pass round what you are Lol
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well said Brian! Not to mention the cost of keeping these murders alive in prison !!
    The prison service is always complaining about lack of funds and lack of space. If they got rid of anyone who is guilty of murder / acts of terrorism they would save a fortune, free up some space and provide a decent incentive to help prevent some of these crimes.
    I am sure there is a majority in the UK that support Capital Punishment, the problem being w
    e have for many years had a bunch of lily livered politicians who don't have the balls to do what they are paid to do. i.e. represent their constituents,
    Sad state of affairs.

Lewis McColl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Lewis, how long did it take you to think that one up?
    Pass round what you are Lol
    Vic
    Vic, if you think that is bad you should have read it before I edited my post. lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A story.
    A young girl at our club is doing a Uni course on criminality, which includes DNA, I told her to Google the Penllegear murder, this happened around 1945 or so, I was around 12 years old, when I remember following the Scotland Yard detective around our village, they questioned around 40 thousand men, but got no joy, they later said that the man was a stranger to the place. Many years later when DNA came in they tested the clothes she was wearing at the time and found the murderer's DNA on them but there was no corresponding DNA in the system. Now that word stranger stuck with me for years, and with all the ISIS killings they are all strangers. But, now things have changed again, especially in the United States where you are more likely to be killed by your neighbour than a terrorist, there have been 240 mass killings since January this year, and according to the News {If you can believe them}over 1000 people have been murdered in the UK in the same time. Here in Aus we have gangs going around shooting up houses of other crims, but making mistakes and shooting up a strangers house, something has to be done to stop all this crime from climbing, and hanging is a detergent to many.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

35 years ago we had our house burgled within two weeks everything was put back on my front step and the lad who did the crime walked in to crosby police station and owned up to over 200 robberies and got himself 2and a half years when he came out he moved to london the police came a few months after the break in and told us we think we have got the thief who stole your video i pointed to the tv and said you mean that video i think the penny dropped with him? even in jail the lad had a hard time? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis as crazy as your post is it is true.

Yes that number of murders in UK I can believe, there are some parts of some cities I am told where even the Police are not keen to enter.
    But here in Oz we are lucky as most of our crime rate is not too high and most is drug related.

We had a period here in Melbourne in the 90's when the gang drug wars were full on.
    But most of them are now dead, many from killings by other drug men, with only a few in jail and one of them killed in there to stop him informing to the Police on what he knew.

He was buried in a Gold coffin and his grave is more like the Taj mahal than a normal one.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Although i did Thank for the post John i must say that i think our Crime rate is High! Nearly every day on the News there is a few cases of Crime of one sort or the other, possibly not as high as some Countries admitted but far too much for us here is Aussie, just recently there has been a massive arrest number, making this the largest arrests in our History. Guns, Drugs, Knives, Money and whatever! Many places around here that one would not walk around especially at Night!

And whatever this Thread was meant to be General or other, i still stand by the fact that if found Guilty 100% then its the 'Death Walk" That would for sure deter many from doing the horrid and ghastly Crimes that some do!
    Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 10th June 2021 at 06:47 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vernon, not 500 meters from where we live there is a man on $2 million bail for drug related activity.
    He is we believe involved with the big drug bust of this week.

Crime here is of little evidence compared with so many other countries, most of the ones here in Vic are either drug or alcohol related.
    Greater majority of those involved are of some ethnic nationality.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Likes Captain Kong, Denis O'Shea, N/A liked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast