Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Movie, This is a must watch for you and the grandkids.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default A Movie, This is a must watch for you and the grandkids.

I've had my 10 yr old Gran daughter here all morning she has been a bit under the weather of late since returning from a break with the rest of her family, The wife mentioned the movie and said put it on for her, It finished about 20 mins ago and she ran in the bathroom and shut the door, Wife shouted are you ok Daisy............ Yes i am just a bit sad when she came out you could see she had been weeping after watching the movie without giving the game away this is a great movie about a little boy growing up who wants to grow up a girl Justin Timberlake is fantastic in this as is the young lad who plays the young boy its a real tear jerker, I must admit i felt a bit like crying for this young lad myself. Very watchable indeed Terry.

(film) Palmer is a 2021 American drama film directed by Fisher Stevens and written by Cheryl Guerriero. The film stars Justin Timberlake, Juno Temple, Alisha Wainwright, June Squibb, and Ryder Allen. Palmer was digitally released by Apple TV+ on January 29, 2021.
    Directed by: Fisher Stevens
    Produced by: Charlie Corwin, Daniel Nadler, Charles B. Wessler, Sidney Kimmel, John Penotti
    Starring: Justin Timberlake, Juno Temple, Alisha Wainwright, June Squibb, Ryder Allen
    Written by: Cheryl Guerriero
    {terry scouse}

2. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A Movie, This is a must watch for you and the grandkids.

Putting it like that it sounds like any film you view these days, Rating 15 uk, Just a footnote to your post its very hard to tune into a soap opera today without seeing sexual content, Smoking, Bad Language and just about every other thing you mention so what you sit and watch on T.V. Lord knows prayers on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Preferer the realities of life, And like it or lump it that movie is reality that my 9 Grandkids have to grow up in ,in this world, Sometimes its best left to the individual just as it was with both me and you or have you lived your life with a paper bag over your head wake up and smell the coffee for heavens sake. ps.I Remember you and i will find the post praising Billy Connolly { THE BIG YIN } For his comical genius compared to him this movie is like watching the Teletubbies
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 3rd June 2021 at 03:27 PM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With Netflix and some other similar companies one is able to see some great movies, ones from times long past.
    Great movies with some of the best actors ever.
    The stuff being made today may well suit the younger audience but will not last as some of the great classics have.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes N/A, Denis O'Shea, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi everyone,
    Maybe your grandchildren and great-grandchildren will enjoy this film better.
    Click on html below.

https://youtu.be/-n1Ifad-4YI

Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    #3, Terry, When the film thread was up and running a while ago whoever recommended a film usually gave a concise synopsis. You didn't and because of your recommendation for grandchildren too I decided to read a review of ''Palmer'' by the film company for myself and which are posted in quotation marks including the rating that you omitted. I included the you tube link also as it gives a flavour of the sympathetic way the film concept was handled. Showing too a fair portrayal of the acting skills. What any of this that has to do with TV, soaps and my viewing habits in general is neither here nor there. I haven't slated anything at all regarding the film.

As regards to Billy Connolly your point escapes me!! Have never said I don't like him, have seen him often enough in theatres but do prefer
    his earlier dialogues when they were less peppered with gratuitous swear words in the name of comedy. Good luck finding the post you mention as I was informed by Doc all my posts were deleted after my last DR. 'Comical genius' would not be an expression I would use I don't think perhaps that's your own.
    It would serve you better to remember where you are and whom you are amongst when posting, Instead of seeking out the weakest link to have a go at and score cheap brownie points let me enlighten you, You are amongst Merchant Seaman men of the world who have sailed the seas full of wisdom and the world once at there feet you would never have experienced any lifestyle like it, The comradery we shared regardless of rank or rating we all had each others backs as the saying goes were all in the same boat, As you have never experienced any of this dont try to pitch seaman against seaman you will get know where. I was responsible for you being kicked of this site first time around and if i had the choice you would be gone for good. I never sailed with many seaman with an attitude like yours and as the rest of the seaman on this forum will tell you someone like you nitpicking on certain members would have been sent to Coventry a long time ago and the language you use Dear / Pet / My L overly ETC..... Was never a part of our vocabulary most if not all of us have had some very scary experiences in force 10 gales and worse in the middle of know where at sea i never once heard the skipper come up to the bridge on occasions like that and ask the OOTW is everything alright my Loverly, Praying at the helm that the ship righted itself Dont worry dear everything will be fine pet, Everyone on this site that put to sea had a purpose to be aboard ship and we all got each other threw the good and the bad and there where many bad times at sea not to mention in port, So when you have the same experiences and mean something or have a title whether it be a boy rating or a skipper respect all the seaman on this forum dont slate them, Then
    maybe you know what your talking about when you have experienced the channels, Or the death of a shipmate or found yourself sailing into a war zone totally helpless and many more precarious situations. We used to swap films talking of the movies from ship to ship they where never Walt Disney films, They were films i would never let my Grandkids watch although one is 22yrs old and one is 20 yrs old, Your problem this week goes back to your latest offering from you tube of a young child sat on the loo never went down very well with a certain member another lead balloon offering from you. So instead of whinging and gas bagging make up your mind you either take constructive criticism a quality we seaman held dear or go and find a forum full of yes men who will laugh along with everything the Lady posts. My last point wives at sea with there husbands always had respect for every crewman and the feeling was mutual adopt a little respect yourself for all the members not your chosen few.
    {terry scouse}

8. Thanks Tony Taylor, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not being blessed with Grandchildren I'm not able to comment on their movie prefferences, but the thread does bring back memories of
    those unforgetable Walt Disney films I saw for the first time during the 40s after the war, the magic of Walt Disney combined with the
    imagination of an eight year old was a wonderful thing, thunder and lightning, witces, villains and heroes, who could forget Pinoccio?
    or theLegend of Sleepy Hollow the 1949 animation, not the Johnny Depp film, great memories of those films and Saturday morning flicks .
    Not a kids film but it's a good watch, "The Edge", Anthony Hopkins, Alec Baldwin amd Elli Macpherson, a story of betrayel and survival, think
    Den in Canada may enjoy this one, cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks John, will check it out.

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well ted i suppose that is nothing less than a tirade .....but the site is open to all comers ...both seaman and any others interested.....we have a male who has never been to sea but makes more posts than others who have spent a life at sea .....as your comment that you got another member chucked of the site ..well that speaks for itself .....the old rule stands if you dont like it ....put it on your ignore list ....which i have recently done to one of... as you put it YOUR chosen few ....i think your out of order big time .......CAPPY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was responsible for you being kicked of this site first time around and if i had the choice you would be gone for good

Now except for the comment above , which i think was not necessary, i also however think that the rest of the Post is perfectly good, and should be taken as Gospel.
    As i have posted what should and should not be done from now on, i stick by those Rules, and i see once again replies that are not of what they should be!

I will now say this for the very LAST time , no more Bickering or whatever on here please!
    There are a few who are very very close to being thrown down the Pit and into the Bilges!

Steer clear of those you dont want to talk with, and dont say things about other Members!
    This goes for each and Every Member here!
    End of!
    Thank You

This too is highly unnecessary
    Therefore I will not take exception or heed on lectures of etiquette or manners from anyone who has the ability to stick their foot in their mouth and their head up their a88 at the same time
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 4th June 2021 at 09:58 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    With Netflix and some other similar companies one is able to see some great movies, ones from times long past.
    Great movies with some of the best actors ever.
    The stuff being made today may well suit the younger audience but will not last as some of the great classics have.
    John I find many good Full length Movies of the past on YouTube. All free!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast