Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Football

Hi Lewis
    9 March 1946 was the Bolton Disaster, 33 killed and over 500 injured
    I was nearly killed and the man who saved me was killed a few minutes later
    I ended up on the pitch near where they were laying the Dead.
    Then the Linesman came and with a bag of saw dust laid down another Touch Line about 2o yards into the pitch. and carried on playing. a bit gruesome when the ball went bouncing over the dead bodies

So that is why I never ever want to watch idiots like that again
    Brian
    https://youtu.be/y79uw6J3rSE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 20th April 2021 at 12:27 PM.

Lewis McColl Guest

#10 fair enough John , Over the years other things he has done appear to have benefitted Neville more so than others. John we all work to benefit ourselves and hopefully by doing what we do will also help benefit others less fortunate than us.

3. Likes john walker, Louis the fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When sky started pouring money into the premier league it ruined the game for most of us. No longer could you meet your mates in the pub and then decide if you wanted to go to the match or just go home and finish off that job that the shore bosun had given you. The Hillsborough disaster gave us spanky new large stadiums that needed to be filled so you had to book ahead in order to ensure a place. The money from sky brought in foreign players who supposedly, whilst they earned big bucks, were meant to improve the standard of our home grown players. Along with this big money from abroad came flooding in from people who only saw their investment as a cash making scheme rather than having a genuine interest in football.
    Now these six English clubs along with others from Spain, Italy and France? ( Note no Scottish team invited) want to form this European super league in order in order to generate even more cash for their owners whilst they still remain in the premier league, how they even intend to fit in their matches along with their premier league requirements is beyond me. Alan shearer gave the best response, should any club join this new league then they should be kicked out of the English premier league.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Lewis McColl Guest

John , the French have said they will not be joining as have the Germans whether they change their minds later I don't know. The Spanish clubs need it to happen as they are bankrupt. Barcelona have an estimated debt of just under €990 million , they still owe Liverpool FC 93.3 million for Philip Coutinho. Real Madrid has a debt of €901 million. Liverpool posted a profit in 2020 of £42 million. Liverpool home game gates are 53,000
    Manchester Utd in 2019 posted a debt £510 million, this is a club that has 75,000 fans at nearly every home game.
    Manchester City made £10.4 million last year.
    Funny how the UK club with the biggest debt & American owners are one of the clubs trying to drive this Super League through.

Everton football club are in the process of building a new water front stadium at a cost of £500 million?
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...docklands-area

If this Super league is allowed to carry on it could bankrupt and possibly put a club like Everton out of business. As the plans are for an ESL to make it a closed shop it would mean a great old club like Everton cannot compete in this so called Super league. They are a club that were founding members of the English league and have never been out of the top league since 1954.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 20th April 2021 at 01:38 PM.

6. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am still waiting for a response from the so called English big six clubs as to how it can benefit English football etc. I have no real interest in what ever happens to Spanish ,Italian or even Scottish clubs or leagues . European clubs through EUFA have done a lot of damage to English clubs with some of their decisions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hello john walker #15
    good afternoon, there is a excellent way to put a stop to a super league, and i have told my brother in law this on many occasions, him being a everton fan, i have told him in the past to get rid of his season ticket because they are s***, this morning he phoned me and was upset that everton where not even considered for a place, and said he has had enough and is not going to buy another one. season ticket that is.
    but all joking aside if the supporters stopped buying their season tickets for league games the club owners would not have the support for the super league, or the money,
    tom

9. Likes john walker, Denis O'Shea, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thomas #16 your idea might have worked a number of years ago, alas I feel that now some clubs especially the big six are beyond that If you were to apply for a season ticket nowadays there is a waiting list of several thousand who would jump at the chance to take up an offer obtaining a ticket that somebody else did not want for whatever reason.

11. Likes thomas michael, N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john walker #17
    i would agree that these clubs are too big, But their money generated by fans coming to see the game is to be in payed intrest on the monies they borrow, the big money for them comes from live tv or satilite tv, and this still comes down to fans buying tickets, As a matter of fact my mate ripped his season ticket up on hearing the news and called it another nail in the game for the true fan.
    tom
    ps the premier league has just come out with a statement saying they will hold all premier clubs to account and to make sure they adhere and abide to the rules of the premier league,
    so its a no go from them
    tom
    Last edited by thomas michael; 20th April 2021 at 03:24 PM.

Lewis McColl Guest

Manchester City & Chelsea have withdrawn from the European Super League, Manchester Utds vice chairman Ed Woodward resigns. Liverpool players issue a joint statement that they are opposed to the European Super league. Juventus Chairman resigns. looks as if the European Super league is dead in the water. Thankfully.

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see one of my old Teams are doing not too bad , Leicester City used to be my Team for a while with the Blue and White recall at the Grounds using the old Rattlers and Flags , it was fantastic! Lived not too far from the Grounds when there and worked as a Conductor on the Leicester Busses!
    Good old days!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast