Thread: Ever Forgiven? ......no,Never Forgiven.! or Blame it on the Suez Canal !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Talking Ever Forgiven? ......no,Never Forgiven.! or Blame it on the Suez Canal !

If it was the first of April I would have been suspicious !
    Just a few of my observations :
    Gone are the days when we (usually) knew what cargo we were carrying. It was never as 'exciting' as garden gnomes ,more like phosphate,iron ore or machinery,occasionally enlivened by a lovely consignment of Scotch whisky....These days the item 'Cheap Chinese Tat' might as well be listed on the Manifest for the great majority of these containers from the Far East.
    And anyway ,let us lament the sad demise ,along with many others,of our own bespoke Gnome Production Industry.We all know the reason...can't compete with China of course.This Saturday I shall watch HRH Prince Phillip's funeral service and remember one of his comments about Oriental eyes-you know the one.....
    So this afternoon I shall visit the Gnomes section,or do they have to call it the Little Figures section now? in my garden centre,look at all their bottoms (steady on) and try and find one without the stamp Made in China-for export only-UK via Suez.
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 16th April 2021 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ever Forgiven? ......no,Never Forgiven.! or Blame it on the Suez Canal !

Wasn’t it Staffordshire that had all the potteries ? Nows the big chance for the uk to re-open them , and start to produce gnus in competition , this may catch the opposition out for a time as they probably don’t know what a gnu is , wont know how to spell , and won’t be able to pronounce. Might be even time to lay a few false trails and bring that song back into the top ten Can I Gnu you up the River. JS

If that vessel ever comes back into service it stands to be renamed from Never Forgiven to Ever Forgotten.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 16th April 2021 at 11:53 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Ever Forgiven? ......no,Never Forgiven.! or Blame it on the Suez Canal !

Isn't that song 'I'm a G-NU.,?although I Always pronounced it ' New',in which case I should pronounce our little garden figures G-NOMES.
    They do say that Polish people-with the exception of French Polishers-that's something else-I believe Chopin was Polish but became French-but then again he was always choppin' and changin'-I digressed-yes,the Polish in Britain,and there are very many,find English so easy as they say it's as absurd as their own language.They say that Polish should be a doddle for we English to speak. I tend to disagree,as how on earth would one pronounce Wrzscyrpr Przybyl Mzpzpowrosc ,without sounding pissed !

Oh well, one o' clock-off to watch the lunchtime G-news ! G'day!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ever Forgiven? ......no,Never Forgiven.! or Blame it on the Suez Canal !

Then there are the Checks that come in all types , shirts , skirts , and paper ones that sometimes bounce , Checks to see if your still breathing , or have paid your gas bill, and yet they name a nation of people after them. JS

And then with all the Talk about the Poles , be they flag ones ,barber shop ones , tent ones , or any other type , I can’t understand how the United Nations allows the distinct traces of prejudice when they are called individually a Dumb Polak. I thought we were all supposed to be nice to one another.? Seems the argument is all one sided. Europe should be ashamed of itself for letting others call their members dumb, especially when the EU is reknown for making all the rules. Although I must admit they have made some bad calls in the past. And no doubt will live up to their reputation of not changing their spots. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 16th April 2021 at 12:49 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#1 Graham. I can remember a comedy show with Terry Scott & Hugh LLoyd about gnomes, they were British gnomes and rather sceptical of plastic jobbies with Made in Hong Kong stamped on their backsides.
    https://www.britishclassiccomedy.co....f-dulwich-1969

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Went to the optician and he said read the following.

GTDZNXP

Said sorry cannot read that but I think I know him, comes from Bosnia.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller