Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Infrastrata

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Infrastrata

Infastrata, the Company that purchased the assets of H&W followed by purchasing Appledore have now agreed the purchase of the assets of Burntisland Fabrications. Burntisland have two fabrication plants in Scotland.
    Good news, and could shipbuilding UK be on the up?
    Vic

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Infrastrata

Well Vic, if all these trade deals that Liz Trust is doing get going, presume we will need ships for sure, fingers crossed,
    R689823

4. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Good news let's hope they can start creating more jobs and perhaps start building ships again. I think there main objective is the LNG Gas cavern project in ISLANDMAGEE

https://polaris.brighterir.com/publi.../story/x8oe5pr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis, do you think the Gas Cavern project will go ahead? Government aim is to reduce dependency on natural gas by 2025.
    Vic

Lewis McColl Guest

There is a lot of public opposition locally, It could come down to what is the lesser of two evils. There is still a lot of coal fires over here and turf, at times my village reeks of coal fires or log burners. Central heating is still mostly oil fired which is what I have. On TV there is a company called Phoenix Gas are advertising, just put my post code in and no gas available. I must admit IslandMaGee is famous for being the most boring place in Ireland. I think there may be 1 pub which I am not sure if it was open pre covid days, there are however about 20 churches, There is only one road that you can take to IslandMaGee and the same road to get back off the place. It is not densely populated. I think there may be more in the Church grave yards than living over there lol

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Hoping to visit Ted Country. the REAL Craggy Island. Following in the footsteps of Ted, Dougal, Jack and Mrs. Doyle ASAP.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now Lewis there is nothing wrong with burning Peat.
    A recent report into the harm of different styles of heating have come to the conclusion that burning logs is the most environmentally friendly form of heating and Peat is not far behind.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, you must have different scientists in the southern hemisphere from us up North.
    Burning peat releases the capture Co2 and increase the likelihood of climate change.
    Burning wood gives off similar particulates to running a diesel car
    Vic

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    A recent report into the harm of different styles of heating have come to the conclusion that burning logs is the most environmentally friendly
    London is set to ban the use of log burning stoves within 5 years, as it causes more pollution than any other form of heating. My tree surgeon son in law is quite pizzed off having invested in the latest stove prior to the announcement. Gas will be phased out in London within seven years. Other cities will follow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

log burners are a good way of heating a home ......but i mainly use mine for the cheery heat and glow in the winter ....i can recall when i ist put mine in the heat permutated through the house in an amazing fashion .....but the price of logs has gone far higher increase wise than gas or elec ....the mayor of london is an ante anything that gives advantage over his main supporters ie i dont think there are many log burners in hackney for example ......but there are some electric examples based on a log burner lookalike ...which i would defy anyone to tell the difference ......i have been thinking about them .....as cleaning the bloody thing out is another job to do ...plus the fact that the latest electric models come in at 5 or 6 hundred quid or more where a log burner can cost a few grand to put in....just my view ....sorry about your son in law ivan ....but there is still plenty work for good tree surgeons ....loads in north yorkshire.......regards cappy

14. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast