Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HM Royal Mail

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default HM Royal Mail

Myself like others are receiving mail from the UK much belated my latest was today posted on the 30.11. 2020.It was faster 70 years ago. Whilst the world boasts about seeking travel to the stars , it cant even traverse its own planet in less than 50. Days. The old clipper ships would put today’s mail service to shame . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HM Royal Mail

Same thing coming from OZ John, received one this week posted just after Xmas, is this due to flights being banned in some way due to the virus ?, i thought Oz had stopped a huge amount of flights ?, kt
    R689823

3. Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Always thought Mail was like the pony express with the motto “ The Mail has to get through” , judging by the postmarks re times, even before the Virus the Mail was becoming real snail mail and the delay was leaving the shores. of Blighty. Cheers JS
    R575129

5. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

One headline here in the last few days:

Royal Mail: Full list of UK postcodes hit by Covid delays - 28 towns affected

ROYAL MAIL customers are facing major delays in deliveries of post due to the company suffering an increased demand in online shopping habits.

Plus:

ROYAL Mail is limiting parcel deliveries in some areas of the UK as the postal service is hit by coronavirus-related staff shortages.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 14th January 2021 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Many mons long past it was the practice in Cape Town to put the letter you were sending to UK under a certain stone down on the docks.
    The incoming mail ship would the take it back to UK directly.

Those ships no longer run, but the mail does not know that so it sits there in hope, no bloody hope.

It is so long since i saw our postie I am no longer sure what he looks like.
    But the last piece of mail we received from Ireland only took three months, but the scenic route is so enjoyable.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Spotted my postman today, woolly, hat ear muffs, heavy coat (post office red) face covering and wearing shorts. It's minus 2 Celsius outside my door. Upside is, he posted me a letter from the house of plenty rewarding me with an increase in my state pension upon reaching the age of 80. Can't wait for all the shops to open again so I can go on a shopping spree with all that extra cash.
    Gilly
    Last edited by John Gill; 15th January 2021 at 01:35 PM.
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john gill View Post
    Spotted my postman today, woolly, hat ear muffs, heavy coat (post office red) face covering and wearing shorts. It's minus 2 Celsius outside my door. Upside is, he posted me a letter from the house of plenty rewarding me with an increase in my state pension upon reaching the age of 80. Can't wait for all the shops to open again so I can go on a shopping spree with all that extra cash.
    Gilly
    10p? or perhaps 50p?

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

We have stopped posting stuff now to my son in France . Nothing to bulky just a few books for the Grand daughters as her Papa reads them bedtime stories in English and we want that to continue. The last few letters have failed to get through anyway. I also had to make a claim for a refund on presents for the youngest ones birthday posted by Amazon and that never arrived either. How do you explain to a 3 year old that Grandpa did not forget her birthday it was the postman that failed to deliver it. I think she has forgiven me as she can do face time on face time on what's app.

12. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    We have stopped posting stuff now to my son in France . Nothing to bulky just a few books for the Grand daughters as her Papa reads them bedtime stories in English and we want that to continue. The last few letters have failed to get through anyway. I also had to make a claim for a refund on presents for the youngest ones birthday posted by Amazon and that never arrived either. How do you explain to a 3 year old that Grandpa did not forget her birthday it was the postman that failed to deliver it. I think she has forgiven me as she can do face time on face time on what's app.
    perhaps the xmas rush lol lewis but we regular send parcels to france ...books etc to our grandson .....his biggest request is for strangely enough bisto ...there doesnt appear to be any equivelent in his part of france ....and others in the team keep asking for it to help with the gravy...his nickname is ragnar the viking who has the gravy ....cappy

14. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, John Gill, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

The Bisto Kids and the Oxo Family are part of our national heritage, so fundamental is gravy to the national character. France has many hundreds of sauces. Bisto was convenient but never as good as making your own proper gravy, I could not imagine any Yorkshireman crediting Bisto on Yorkshire pudding etc.

K.

16. Likes John Gill liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast