Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HM Royal Mail

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Re: HM Royal Mail

Cappy, I can understand that about the Bisto , French stock cubes are just bloody awful. Were we were we had a large Intermarche and they had a British food section, but they knew how to charge for it. Does Charley drink tea? if so tell him Amazon is the way to go. Good old Brit teas at decent prices. PG Tips and the like will be costing about €7.99 for box of 40 in a supermarket. I got 2000 Typhoo tea bags for €40 and that was with postage. French tea is bloody awful.

2. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There must be other gravy salt Cappy. I don’t like gravy made with oxo as seems too weak. Never really noticed what Gwen uses but don’t think it’s Bisto , but could be wrong. JS.
    R575129

4. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, John Gill liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

With wine en vrac from the chateau, dining at an auberge and on etc.
    I would not self cater if possible, prefer to have the taste of France.

Love French food in France.

Nothing better from Calais to Rheims, Paris and onto the Dordoigne,
    and more, favourite being Chateau Tilques, cannot wait to go back.

When I can.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 15th January 2021 at 03:39 PM.

6. Likes John Gill, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    There must be other gravy salt Cappy. I don’t like gravy made with oxo as seems too weak. Never really noticed what Gwen uses but don’t think it’s Bisto , but could be wrong. JS.
    ''well john he has mince and tatties once a week and it is one of his favourite meals ...pat sent him the bisto a while ago and he is running out but the french teamates love it particularly a south african srum half........i see someone ses he only eats in restaurants in france ......and wouldnt self cater ....well he would bleedin starve to death because the restarants are all closed with the covid.....any way nuff said but bisto to me is the best for gravy ......oxo too weak no flavour......funny enough got a big pan on of mince onions garlic and carrots today ....plus mashed .....yum yum on a snowy day R683532

Lewis McColl Guest

Ah but Keith , are you a modern man who uses Bisto Granules and not the old style Bisto powder?

9. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post
    Bisto was convenient but never as good as making your own proper gravy, I could not imagine any Yorkshireman crediting Bisto on Yorkshire pudding etc.
    K.

Gravy is not difficult in any way to make.

K.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Ah but Keith , are you a modern man who uses Bisto Granules and not the old style Bisto powder?

Always made my own, proper gravy.

K.

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Cappy, Garlic in your food, well I never, are you really a francophile lol. My wife and I are terrible with garlic we actually use that much of it now we hardly taste it. If I am doing a BBQ I will put several garlic bulbs on as well. If folk come for dinner I always ask if they eat garlic as I do put a lot in my cooking.
    One of the things I do love is the smell of seared garlic especially when frying White fish and obviously steaks.

13. Likes cappy liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Prob a Fray Bentos pie packet of Smash and tin of mushy peas and Bisto ?

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 15th January 2021 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis 17, I grow my own garlic in the garden, and we use it almost daily. We have a garlic farm here on the Island, export the stuff all over. The products he sell is interesting, among others is Garlic beer !!!, and garlic ice cream !!!, lots of other stuff, kt

https://www.thegarlicfarm.co.uk
    R689823

16. Likes cappy, N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Cappy, Garlic in your food, well I never, are you really a francophile lol. My wife and I are terrible with garlic we actually use that much of it now we hardly taste it. If I am doing a BBQ I will put several garlic bulbs on as well. If folk come for dinner I always ask if they eat garlic as I do put a lot in my cooking.
    One of the things I do love is the smell of seared garlic especially when frying White fish and obviously steaks.
    Yes garlic is much used in our house ....i myself if not going out in the evening can eat it raw ....but certainly in lamb etc ..in fact a leg of lamb always stuffed with garlic ....wouldnt think of not putting garlic in it.....also in any homemade soups or casseroles at this time of year,,,,,of which is on the cooker most days for lunch ......garlic is a great health additive ie good for high blood pressure and blood thinning etc and excellent for immune system and wellbeing.......one thing i cant for some reason get away with is gaspatzo.....R683532

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast