Thread: Survival after 1945.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Survival after 1945.

VE Day a lot of us can remember even as kids. It was europhia , a start of a new beginning, a change in the world and a better future for all. As regards on industry and the only one I can adhere to , others will have to be as others saw, was the MN and seagoing in general.up until 1966 the. country was just about out of rationing and life had a future to it for most . Then crunch then came the slow but ever increasing slide back down into obscurity once again.from the age of 50or so most men look to retiring at 65 and to do this know they have to support themselves and wife’s. And at this age a lot found this was not going to be an easy task jobs were being taking away from them in ever increasing amounts, a lot of people emigrated a lot to the USA where their skills were recognised and paid for appropriately , then came Australia and New Zealand who were seeking new blood. Our own politicians answer to all this was to seek former enemies as partners , their outlook on life , I am sure was to make sure they themselves would be appropriately pensioned on retirement and the rest could look after themselves. They have done nothing to change my views on this. As 3 % of the worlds population now hold the worlds wealth shows what a magnificent job they have managed to do. The pittance they pay to the poor will do more damage to the economy as is not crumbs people seek but real jobs properly paid , which over the years they have given away. If I was a politician today I would be ashamed of what my predessors have done in the past. Apart from that 3% we are all survivors. JS
    R575129

2. Thanks N/A, Des Taff Jenkins, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Survival after 1945.

Hi John.
    Much like the war,we have just gone through a year just about everyone wants to forget, but the politicians are still with us. The horrendous fires burning while our erstwhile PM sat it out on a beach in Hawaii. Then came the Covid, where according to what was happening overseas we should have shut the country down, our State Premier allowed a ship full of covid ridden passengers pour onto the wharf and fly everywhere, resulting in 800 and more deaths in our nursing homes, then we got things under control; but they couldn't wait, they wanted the economy up and running, resulting in more spreading of the Virus, which hurt the small businesses even worst as they had stocked up ready and then had to shut again.
    One thing our PM has received the American Medal of Honor from Trump, and for him that Trumps everything. Unfortunately they may fade away or retire but there is always more to take their place
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 28th December 2020 at 12:36 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post