Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Where all human beings.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Where all human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    What is Poverty? To me it is when I see an undernourished African kid on TV, guant and skinny with sunken eyes, living in a mud hut no running water, no toilets.

Vic
    Vic, there should not be any undernourished kids in Africa, the West has been giving practical and financial aid ad infinitum as far back as I can remember. Having spent years in Africa on Aid programs, there should be no shortage of anything, most of it is politics, keep people hungry and you can mould them to your will with a few food handouts. Every country I worked in had modern military equipment and plenty of it, Mercedes, large ones the vehicle of choice, were in abundance for officials and their wives, they could teach Papa Doc in Haiti about control.

There is no need for kids to traipze 2 miles or more for water (as per TV adverts), all they have to do is move their villages near the water, there is nothing but wasteland where their villages are. There is no need for kids to drink dirty water (as per TV), streams/waterholes can be corralled off, water can be strained through through the tee shirts they wear to reduce contamination, though not eliminate it. Anyone who has done desert travel training knows you can produce water (not much though) through digging deep and sieving through your clothing, there are other methods as well.

It's politics, keep em poor keeps them compliant. Ethiopia was an exporter of grains and cattle, the drought was man made, not mother nature, again that was due to politics, too long to go into here, as already did it some time back. Sudan is rich in oil, but one part doesn't want to let the other part have it, but they still find funds on both sides for large armies. On Aid programs we had to import our oil to keep our machinery running, The countries on the WCA are no better, look on the bright side, every penny you give will go towards buying another bullet which will probably be destined for someone trying to help.

Do I have a jaundiced view, you better your bottom dollar I do, got more than one tee shirt.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

All twelve of us kids had to huddle around a candle in mid-winter to keep us warm. If it got really cold dad used to light it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k

3. Likes John Gill liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    lewis there is no reason why your statement would suprise me ....when the facts i look at are the truth ....i take no joy in what i see .....it is often the sin of gluttony on the parents side as well as an expectation of benefits ....as you say many cannot cook a potato ....rather go round the chippy ....one very large lady stating her husband left herwith the children ..and she lost her job .....when asked the interviewer...18 months ago .....whats the husband doing ......nothing ...so why should others pay for his kids.....sadly the kids suffer.....as for the unicef to me that is a political move .....but that is my belief .....i used a charity called the rathbone society to give youngsters from very hard family lives a start as my businnes grew ...many loved the idea of having a fair wage coming in ....others very few might i say tried to be smart ....and went very quickly......shame is a word not used much today .....well shame on people who cannot feed there own children......my grandaughter going to uni next year has two jobs one in a super market and one untin a few days ago in a restaurant...60 to 70 hours a weekat i believe just over nine pounds someting an hour.....she could feed kids now if she had them .....she hasnt kids but runs her own little motor .....work keeps her solvent ....no benefits .....best wishes cappy
    My Granddaughter came home from a London University two weeks ago and goes back in 4 weeks, she is working in a Supermarket during this time. No Benefits,.
    My old Dad used to say, in his strong Lancashire accent , "If tha wants any money, lad, then tha must bloodywell work for it" There is nowt for nowt

I saw on TV last night, a food bank in Manchester, , a big strong lad about 30 ish, Pick up a BIG box of food and put it in his car and drive away.
    Should give him the Lash and make him work in the fields.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 24th December 2020 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith, amount of money that's been spent on pumps for Africa over the years, the continent should be under water.
    Vic

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Cerry Mhristmas Bevry Oddy K.

Lewis McColl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    My Granddaughter came home from a London University two weeks ago and goes back in 4 weeks, she is working in a Supermarket during this time. No Benefits,.
    My old Dad used to say, in his strong Lancashire accent , "If tha wants any money, lad, then tha must bloodywell work for it" There is nowt for nowt

I saw on TV last night, a food bank in Manchester, , a big strong lad about 30 ish, Pick up a BIG box of food and put it in his car and drive away.
    Should give him the Lash and make him work in the fields.
    Any chance he was a volunteer and using his own time and petrol to do a delivery?

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Sad.jpg

For everyone who is bitchin' and moanin' about having to stay in their comfortable house with the stocked refrigerator, and the soft couch, and the big screen TV, and plenty of wine and beer and liquor, and heat and a/c, etc. etc etc. Please cut this picture out and put it in a conspicuous place where you can look at it when you are feeling sorry for yourself.

10. Thanks Dennis McGuckin, Roger Millard thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Everyone is in charge of their own destiny, you are what you want to be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis I haven't seen anyone on here feeling sorry for themselves, seafarers are used to being separated from their families, just because people comment on christmasses they've missed, is just a fact of their life and what was experienced. Christmas for me was everytime I came home.

As for your picture, you should have sent it to national newspapers where it would be more widely circulated than on here. Perhaps you have you got room in your new wine cellar for a few like boxes, you can then give them supplies from your own well stocked refrigerator and wine cellar and received well deserved plaudits, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating innit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In Australia the land of plenty and such like there are people living in cars with their kids if they are lucky. Most couch surf to get a good nights sleep but it is not widely shown with the media. Yet they are the lucky ones compared to our Aborigines out west and in remote areas. The story with them is that the government of both parties spend billions on assistance for them yet the money seems to stay in the south east corner of Oz. Just like the rest of the world where billions is being spent there are so many sticky fingers along the path that the ones needing assistance get stuff all. This also goes for a most charities. Just take a step back and think that if one could get into this honey pot of money that just maybe one would be living in the lap of luxury while jetting around the world telling everyone what a good boy am I. There is an old English saying? Where there is muck, there is money. Well the same could be said? Where there is poverty, there is money.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

14. Thanks N/A, John Gill thanked for this post
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast