Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Where all human beings.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Where all human beings.

Earlier days saw mothers going without to ensure hubby and kids were fed.

Yorkshire puddings were a great idea: These days we tend to tuck into our Yorkshires as part of a Sunday roast but this wasn’t always the case. Yorkshire puddings used to be standalone dishes in their own right at a time when they were a cheap and easy way to feed the family without having to buy expensive meat. Often the wife would just have the Yorkshire and no or little meat.

Thankfully, the days of being transported for steaing a loaf of bread are gone.

Keith.

Lewis McColl Guest

Unicef steps into feed British children in it's history. This was a story in the Telegraph on the 17th December 2020 sad times that a wealthy country like the UK cannot feed our children

https://www.unicef.org.uk/what-we-do/our-uk-work/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Kieth K
    Corruption is the fastest growing business in politics in Aus, the battle among them to stop a Corruption Commission being set up is like a TV comedy
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

4. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well iknow its xmas but i just get up tight about kids going hungry in this country .....well can we start off by saying ...its not the kids fault ......but as already said its hard to see a thin one..... whenever a mother appears on the tele ....and its usually the mother ...the father is not seen or heard..she is usually about 15 stone .....and waving a mobile phone with a bleedin staffie curled up on the settee.......a big bag of porrige oats costs coppers .....a bag of spuds .....an egg a day.... a loaf of bread a lump of mince ....a tin of beans .....but its not that is it ...its a a bleedin kentucky fried ...a curry and rice..... a mcdonalds.... a pizza .....my family survived on a lot less than these people ....i came across this in my factory from some operators on good money .....looking for subs on mon morn ....when asked what they had done it was booze and takeaways all weekend ....not all are of this ilk but on tele last night ..a charity knocking on doors with bags of food to keep a family over xmas....and there they were fat as butter xmas lights outside the house ..i honestly do not know a kid without a mobile phone ........i also know there are genuine cases ......but if you cant feed them ....dont breed them ....one of my favourite meals is boiled spuds cut into fritters fried ....with an egg or beans or both ....well no doubt there will be some folk getting upset about this ....but child allowance is to feed your kids not pay an instalment on a tele or a bed or a mobile phone .......i know what it was like to have little food ....but we were slim and fit and had jobs at 13 .....not sitting on a computer while supposedly with no food in the house.....we never had heating in the house... a two bar electric fire .....or a bucket of coal for sixpence of a miner......a bath on a sunday night...........and no family or child allowance .....a benefit was what you saved up for...well it gave us an incentive to get out and go... to keep the wolf from the door my mother would have died rather than take a bloody charitybag for xmas ......and strange as it may seem we survived even when we had to pay the doctor.....and hide from the rent man....but there was no fatties in our street......well i stand by for incoming ....but that is my view..cappy

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Happy Christmas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#20 That’s what I say Lewis , I only drink the beer for the protein . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th December 2020 at 08:44 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What is Poverty? To me it is when I see an undernourished African kid on TV, guant and skinny with sunken eyes, living in a mud hut no running water, no toilets.
    In the UK Poverty is a theoretical figure which declares that poverty is a person living on 60% of the average wage, it does not take into account the living conditions.
    We here so much about kids arriving at school, no breakfast so the school steps in, no action is taken against the parents who let the children go hungry.
    The BBC takes great delight in showing us families claiming to be on the breadline, shown in their house they have the biggest flat screen TV, kids play stations etc.
    A mother and kid were shown on TV the kid was overweight as was the mother, the kid had a diamond stud in its ear, a large smart TV was in the background, she claimed she hadn't eaten for days.
    If they haven't got the money to feed the kids, spend less on the non-essentials.
    Educate the mothers on how to feed and look after their kids.
    Vic

Lewis McColl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    well iknow its xmas but i just get up tight about kids going hungry in this country .....well can we start off by saying ...its not the kids fault ......but as already said its hard to see a thin one..... whenever a mother appears on the tele ....and its usually the mother ...the father is not seen or heard..she is usually about 15 stone .....and waving a mobile phone with a bleedin staffie curled up on the settee.......a big bag of porrige oats costs coppers .....a bag of spuds .....an egg a day.... a loaf of bread a lump of mince ....a tin of beans .....but its not that is it ...its a a bleedin kentucky fried ...a curry and rice..... a mcdonalds.... a pizza .....my family survived on a lot less than these people ....i came across this in my factory from some operators on good money .....looking for subs on mon morn ....when asked what they had done it was booze and takeaways all weekend ....not all are of this ilk but on tele last night ..a charity knocking on doors with bags of food to keep a family over xmas....and there they were fat as butter xmas lights outside the house ..i honestly do not know a kid without a mobile phone ........i also know there are genuine cases ......but if you cant feed them ....dont breed them ....one of my favourite meals is boiled spuds cut into fritters fried ....with an egg or beans or both ....well no doubt there will be some folk getting upset about this ....but child allowance is to feed your kids not pay an instalment on a tele or a bed or a mobile phone .......i know what it was like to have little food ....but we were slim and fit and had jobs at 13 .....not sitting on a computer while supposedly with no food in the house.....we never had heating in the house... a two bar electric fire .....or a bucket of coal for sixpence of a miner......a bath on a sunday night...........and no family or child allowance .....a benefit was what you saved up for...well it gave us an incentive to get out and go... to keep the wolf from the door my mother would have died rather than take a bloody charitybag for xmas ......and strange as it may seem we survived even when we had to pay the doctor.....and hide from the rent man....but there was no fatties in our street......well i stand by for incoming ....but that is my view..cappy
    This will surprise you Cappy a lot of what you say I agree with it is not the child's fault, ignorance and poor diet, to many poor quality burgers , sausages etc!. A lot of modern families simply do not know how to cook a healthy meal. The west has grown fat and lazy and not just in this country. But it is a sad state of affairs that in a supposedly wealthy country UNICEF has had to take action in the UK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Parents who say they cant feed their kids should be charged with child neglect, and gaoled, kids intp Care.
    when you start doing that you will find that kids have plenty to eat.
    Parents who drink and smoke should have their Benefits stopped/
    Close down ALL THE TAKEAWAYS, I went to Sainsburys yester day, I was amazed how cheap food was,
    Bag of carrots 15p, bag of spuds 30p huge cauliflowers 15p. 72 Weetabix 3.99@
    if some dim witted parent cannot feed their kids give them a taste of the Lash, Maybe the lazy gits would learn how to cook.

My parents brought up Five Kids in the 1930s and in WW2 with rationing,
    on a mill labourers wage, around £2.10 shillings a week,
    No Benefits,.
    No Child allowance.
    Never went hungry. They were happy days. with REAL PARENTS.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 24th December 2020 at 10:03 AM.

11. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    This will surprise you Cappy a lot of what you say I agree with it is not the child's fault, ignorance and poor diet, to many poor quality burgers , sausages etc!. A lot of modern families simply do not know how to cook a healthy meal. The west has grown fat and lazy and not just in this country. But it is a sad state of affairs that in a supposedly wealthy country UNICEF has had to take action in the UK
    lewis there is no reason why your statement would suprise me ....when the facts i look at are the truth ....i take no joy in what i see .....it is often the sin of gluttony on the parents side as well as an expectation of benefits ....as you say many cannot cook a potato ....rather go round the chippy ....one very large lady stating her husband left herwith the children ..and she lost her job .....when asked the interviewer...18 months ago .....whats the husband doing ......nothing ...so why should others pay for his kids.....sadly the kids suffer.....as for the unicef to me that is a political move .....but that is my belief .....i used a charity called the rathbone society to give youngsters from very hard family lives a start as my businnes grew ...many loved the idea of having a fair wage coming in ....others very few might i say tried to be smart ....and went very quickly......shame is a word not used much today .....well shame on people who cannot feed there own children......my grandaughter going to uni next year has two jobs one in a super market and one untin a few days ago in a restaurant...60 to 70 hours a weekat i believe just over nine pounds someting an hour.....she could feed kids now if she had them .....she hasnt kids but runs her own little motor .....work keeps her solvent ....no benefits .....best wishes cappy

13. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast