Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Propulsion

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Propulsion

Colin, it is always the wet season down here after 1700 hours.

The business with solar and electric cars varies from state to state.
    We have solar and in Victoria you can have solar on rentals.
    AS to charging points, I only know of two in the state. One in a country town, one in a very large shopping center.
    But as to free travel on electric, not here in Victoria or South Oz, they will pay a 10censt per Klm levy.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Years away from any real deal here.

All still early days.

K.

Lewis McColl Guest

Hi Keith, just read the article . I certainly would not want one sitting in Carnlough harbour that's for sure. For me to many safety issues. There is also the problem of end of service life what do we do with the redundant barge /reactors. This would also be a concern about the Rolls Royce mini reactors mentioned in another post.

Schönfeldt said the advanced reactor was designed to be as safe as possible in a worst-case scenario accident, with a system causing the radioactive material to form a solid rock outside of the reactor core so it cannot disperse into the air or sea as a catastrophically harmful gas or liquid.

Never known a Nuclear power station that was not built to be safe as possible but accidents still happen. I am not anti nuclear but I think floating barges with Nuke reactors being used widely around the so called developing world is a no go. Sometime somewhere some nutter is going to obtain nuclear material and make a dirty bomb. The idea of one of these barges sitting up some creek in a politically unstable country like say the USA or UK does not bear thinking about, so ask they say on the Apprentice , I'm out.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 18th December 2020 at 11:06 AM.

4. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Lewis, incase you missed it, H&W have been bought by Infastrata, who also purchased Appledore.
    H&W have signed a letter of intent to build two ships.
    Vic
    Thanks Vic , yes I knew about the Infastrata deal, did not know about the ships. this link may be of interest it is related to the LNG Caverns I mentioned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49894409

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I towed a barge from above Aberdeen to Gothenburg at the time , and after getting it alongside received orders to stay there as was on the spot market, for any tows back to the British Sector. My wife phoned the office to see where we were as believe Gothenburg was being considered as a probable future danger area for fallout. So they decided we would be better off back in Aberdeen . All the way back across the North Sea we were under a falling rain cloud. For months after that when at home I used to put the light out and ask the wife if my eyes glowed in the dark.Incidentally there were never ever any tests done for radiation on us.Maybe if there was it has kept us alive longer than expected. JS
    R575129

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Much differed in the past, touch wood we know better now.

Take all care. Keith.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Victoria, according to some 'experts' herein Victoria, and I never knew there were so many in the world in so many fields.
    The advent of all the 'new age renewable power' electricity prices will fall over the next four years.
    Wonderful stuff, just seen another one fly past.

Interesting though as SA has the most of any state and their prices have risen by 28% over the last three years.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Just heard:

Revolutionary process converts carbon dioxide into jet fuel using cheap catalysts for emissions-free flights

The process from a team at Oxford University uses cheap iron catalysts to capture CO2 from the air and converts it into fuel for aeroplanes.

Cars will not be far behind.

K.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast