Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: lockdown

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: lockdown

tony that is interesting......a good friend of mine was brian williams a company bosun for stag line ....he was a southerner but a geordie for many years much respected in south shields ....he always told the tale of stag line vessels coming back in the tyne were always given a full paint job on the starboard side coming up the tyne so the penny pinchers in the office would say oh the mate has done a good job on her from the offices in north shields.....before they scuttled aboard to check stores ......capps is a common name on the eat coast futher south round cromer and that area ....but no relations of mine are left .......as for shell H vessels i was in the hemiplecta steam turbine ....jeez an 18 knot vessel complete with canvass swimming pool the only thing i didnt like was making ice cream sitting on the **** end with a tub and having a handle on it like an organ bloody grinder......of course all asked the same question which i am sure you will guess but for a 17 year old i ate ice cream till i nearly threw up.....she was a treat after the old avonmoor which we sold to the chinese now she was a hard ship......even JS admitted she was a heartbreaker and he was on noahs ark.......come to think of it he hasnt been aboard today.....must be having a rest regards

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in Oz we heard the news.
    Judge Boris has handed down the sentence to the people of UK.

28 days solitary confinement on bread and water, Cappy is excused as he still has his tatty peeler.
    1 in 75 has the Virus according to the figures so of you can find those 75 you can sort them.

You must have been a bad lot as he also says Christmas may be different this year.
    I did hear all the Turkeys left when it started, apart from the ones in Whitehall that is.

We had a 12 week one, so I know you will need something to keep you occupied, I bought a chain saw and cut down three dead trees on my block.
    You can do crosswords, on paper or with her in doors, jigsaw puzzles.
    You can as some have done here bang your head against the wall, or scream from the top of the stairs before launching yourself into oblivion.

Grog sales in Oz have been down in all states apart from Victoria during the winter months.
    Victoria it went up, by a lot, grog shops are considered essential services here, hope the same for UK.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From a selfish position the lockdown is good news for people of our generation, the less contacts we have the safer we are.
    For millions of others however it could result in the loss of their businesses and the jobs of their employees. For people struggling to pay their rents and mortgages it is one disaster after another.
    The only hope to end this nightmare is a vaccine. The lockdown will reduce the infection rates but only for a limited time, once it is lifted infection rates will soar again. If this coming four week period is used to vastly improve trace and tracking together with scientific and medical research it could provide a long awaited breakthrough.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

During the early days of ww2, the 'phony war" as some believed and the words 'it'll all be over by Christmas' were often said. Then of course the Luftwaffe almost finished us off. Seems there's a parallel here with hints by our PM that if we behave ourselves we will be able to 'travel to see our loved ones at Christmas'. The reality is we won't behave, only last night near me police broke up a crowd of 300 in a farmer's field enjoying a rave. Not just kids but those in their 20's and 30's. Let's hope and pray most will abide by the rules but keep a weather eye open for a stray Fokker heading our way.
    Gilly
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

sympathy tonight to the liverpool folk who have been recorded as the most hospital admissions in the uk ....they are suffering badly .....how are you and yours our scouser members on site....kind regards to you all....cmon laa lets hear from ted john p gilly and you all ....best wishes from cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes a bad time all round in the UK as we read and see it here,and i myself and i am sure all others here wish ALL over there the very best in their Health and hope that everyone will come through the latest surge with flying colours!
    It must be very difficult to have to again go into full lockdown, after having been through this all before, so all i can say is "Chins up ALL there" Keep Safe and stay away from whoever you can where possible. Wear your masks at all times if having to go anywhere of importance (Shopping etc) and stay the Legal Distance away from each other.
    As i have heard Liverpool is hard hit, but so are many other Sectors, and one where my dear Daughter lives which is Birmingham, is also on the High list ,this as i have said to me personally is a big worry! I of course keep in contact often and get all the updates.
    So once again PLEASE KEEP SAFE!!!!
    Kind Regards to each and everyone over the Ocean!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    sympathy tonight to the liverpool folk who have been recorded as the most hospital admissions in the uk ....they are suffering badly .....how are you and yours our scouser members on site....kind regards to you all....cmon laa lets hear from ted john p gilly and you all ....best wishes from cappy
    hi cappy
    just come back on to the site, your news is news to me, so i have just asked the wife and she said your right, that they are running short of hospital beds in the city,
    what can we do, we know the drill, stay away from people, wear your mask wash your hands. nothing else we can do about it.
    thanks for your enquiry keep safe dont talk to strangers remember loose lips sinks ships.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Yes a bad time all round in the UK as we read and see it here,and i myself and i am sure all others here wish ALL over there the very best in their Health and hope that everyone will come through the latest surge with flying colours!

Kind Regards to each and everyone over the Ocean!
    Cheers
    hi doc vernon
    many thanks for your concerns, and my well wishes to your immediate family, and to all whom are reading this.
    tom
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 2nd November 2020 at 08:03 PM.

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

People down here in the South West are complaining because our 'R' rate is so low, lowest in the UK in fact that we should not be part of the total lockdown, but they seem to overlook that if covid took a sudden surge for whatever reason, we have fewer hospital beds than anywhere else in the UK and are ill equipt to handle any surge, even though we have a 'Nightingale'unit in Exeter. Most of the people down here follow the rules, but it only takes a few who don't to start the surge, so I am in agreement with the Govt decision taken. A months inconvenience could save many a life, the older you get, the more precious life becomes and we realise that we are not indestructable

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    All ok here Cappy. Survived the Blitz, coping with covid19 up to yet, but that bloody spiders back on my ceiling.
    Gilly
    R635733

12. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast