Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Another U turn.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Another U turn.

Sky news reporter 10am news asked Boris Johnston, Prime Minister any truth that the nation is going into full lock down, You seem to be doing a lot of U turns. U TURN SAID BORIS I could make its eyes water.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Another U turn.

The Media's favourite expression 'U-Turns' they are not U-Turns they are Revisions of current and currently immediate changing circumstances. The words Revisions is more appropriate. You can only have a U-Turn when the decision you are now taking is an exact replica of the situation you took at a particular time and that is not the situation prevailing at this time. There will be many more revisions as circumstances change and of course the hindsight experts and all these journalists who seem to have become qualified doctors overnight will keep us informed with their meaningless expertise that they have no power to exercise

But derogatory meaningless words resonate with the Media as it suits their purposes and they are getting on my tit ends... Rant over..

Keith at Tregenna Guest

All much to late is true though.

K.

4. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The PM of whatever political leaning would be under tremendous pressure, apart from the EU debacle, trying to balance the economy and trying to keep this virus at bay, and taking stick from all and sundry, no easy task. A worry that seems to bother a lot is Xmas, well, wartime Xmas was no joy either, they should just get over it, and hunker down for Xmas, its only a two day festival after all, kt
    R689823

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Confirmation Today: Wales will not follow Boris Johnson's plan for England.

K.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the government are not doctors .....they are working to the best medical advice .....the problem is with the people ignoring all of the current advice and causing rapidly mounting death tolls.....personally i will listen to the government rather than some folk who in merchant navy terms have as much medical knowledge as a POX DOCTORS CLERK......every day new evidence is coming out and changes must be made ......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

and thank the lord boris johnson is not following the plan for wales

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A lot of people are Daft and Stupid.

A man interviewed in the street yesterday said he takes no notice of the the laws concerning the Virus. "What about the Rules?" says interviewer, "Rules are made to be broken " says the Idiot,.
    With a lot of people with this Lack of Intelligence that is why the Virus is spreading.
    No matter what the PM says there are always people who do not want to listen.
    They have there own stupid ideas and wonder why they catch it.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

#7: It would have meant doing things earlier,
    sadly the Prime Minister of England is
    behind in all he does.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 31st October 2020 at 01:18 PM.

12. Likes Tony Taylor, Red Lead Ted, John Gill liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    A worry that seems to bother a lot is Xmas, well, wartime Xmas was no joy either, they should just get over it, and hunker down for Xmas, its only a two day festival after all, kt
    When at sea, I only got one Xmas at home, and that was by leaving a ship I liked, as it was my parents Silver Wedding, my father was at home on leave from his ship and my sister was home from the WRAF in Malta, first time we'd all been at home at the same time for years, so couldn't let them down. During my shore career I also spent many Xmas's away from home. There will be over 1 million seafarers who will be spending Xmas at sea, but nobody will think about them, they don't think about them now, because as we all know, if you take something off a market shelf another one grows in its place sowe don't need an MN.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast