Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The 7 deadly sins

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The 7 deadly sins

No matter how many certificates of merit I left school with, I would emphasize I had to be a good listener when I commenced my apprenticeship in the local paper mill. Furthermore, when I joined my first ship as a 5th Engineer in Dublin hardly knowing what the inside of a ship's engine room looked like, again I had to be extra good at listening to the experienced 3rd Engineer who I was put on the twelve to four watch with.
    His name was Tom and I shall never forget what he taught me about that engine room sixty four years ago.

Fouro.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Not 7 deadly sins but, Severn Sins:

Weston Coastguard Rescue Team helped to refloat the Severn Sins vessel that got stranded at Knightstone Slipway in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset last night. The ship, from Falmouth, was helping with the RNLI's restoration of Birnbeck Pier,carrying machinery and scaffolding to the mainland.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ught-tide.html

3. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Trehearne View Post
    A difficulty with commenting about the arrogance of another is the caution that the commenter could be seen as tarred with the same brush.

the quality of being arrogant.
    "the arrogance of this man is astounding"
    synonyms:
    haughtiness · conceit · hubris · self-importance · egotism · sense of superiority · pomposity · high-handedness · swagger · boasting · bumptiousness · bluster · condescension · disdain · contempt · imperiousness · pride · vanity · immodesty · loftiness · lordliness · snobbishness · snobbery · superciliousness · smugness · pretension · pretentiousness · affectation · scorn · mocking · sneering · scoffing · presumption · insolence · uppitiness · big-headedness.
    Ken T
    R412277
    Mate you have summed up our current State Premier to a tee.
    According to him no one other than him is right.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Ken.
    I looked through them; and I'm sure at least one of them applies to me but I can't think of which one.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi Ken.
    I looked through them; and I'm sure at least one of them applies to me but I can't think of which one.
    Des
    Youthful, kind hearted, good looking, and no doubt many more mate.
    Keep it up.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

If you commit one of the seven deadly sins you should be punished.

If you commit all of them you should be a politician.

K.

10. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Would this be a deadly sin.?
    Boris Johnson Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump drop dead at the same time, they are at the pearly gates, where St Peter ushers them into the presence of the Lord. " Gentlemen" says the lord the world is in a mess and it cannot go on. One week from today the World will end.
    You will be resuscitated and i ask you to call a press conference and tell the world the news, so it can prepare. One minute later Boris comes to at number 10 Downing ST, He said I have good news and bad news, the good news is that God exists, the bad news is that the world will end in a week from tonight because the Lord is not prepared to put up with what we humans have done with our life on earth. Ditto Vladimir Putin .
    And now it is Donald Trumps turn. " I have good news." he tells the American people. " And I have tremendous news. the good news is that I have met the Lord in Heaven, but the Tremendous news, the realy Tremendous news is that I will NOT lose the election.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Would this be a deadly sin.?
    Boris Johnson Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump drop dead at the same time, they are at the pearly gates, where St Peter ushers them into the presence of the Lord. " Gentlemen" says the lord the world is in a mess and it cannot go on. One week from today the World will end.
    You will be resuscitated and i ask you to call a press conference and tell the world the news, so it can prepare. One minute later Boris comes to at number 10 Downing ST, He said I have good news and bad news, the good news is that God exists, the bad news is that the world will end in a week from tonight because the Lord is not prepared to put up with what we humans have done with our life on earth. Ditto Vladimir Putin .
    And now it is Donald Trumps turn. " I have good news." he tells the American people. " And I have tremendous news. the good news is that I have met the Lord in Heaven, but the Tremendous news, the realy Tremendous news is that I will NOT lose the election.
    Des, there could well be some truth in that, stranger things have happened.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2