Thread: Telling tales

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Telling tales

Watched a Rugby match the other day between Oz and NZ. Read a report in the paper next day and suddenly realized the reporter had obviously been at a different match.

But that is nothing new, the media of all manners only tells us what they want to tell us or what they think we want or need to now.

Then we have the Always Biased Corporation, no doubt similar to the British Biased Corporation.
    What they tell us is at times so rediculous it beggars belief.

The daily news is littered with the Virus, so many reports from so many different countries none giving the full story.
    But if they did there would be no shock and awe in it for them.
    Make it sound so horendous that the viewer will believe it even if it is a load of crap.

The media has over the years taken over our lives in may ways, not all of us, but for many it becomes like a religeon.

I take very little notice, but have neighbors who think all that comes out of the news and special programs is the ultimate truth, such is the power of much of the media.

Slowly over time many have become so brain washed they will believe anything they are told, even from politicians.

Made worse by other styles such as Facebook and Twitter, that style for twits.

For many of us we are able to live with it without it having too much effect on us, but for the younger ones they ae captive to it.

I often wonder how it will be in maybe a decade or so, no one will be able to live a life without some media input telling them how to live.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Telling tales

George Orwells '1984' will arrive very soon although a little late

3. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Telling tales

~2, may years ago I had a company car a Toyota Carina, very good car, except for one problem.
    On the motorway at 70mph, the power would die and the speed would drop to 50mph, then accelerate to about 90mph. Didn't do it all the time, just every now and again.
    Took the car in for service, mentioned to the service manager, who was also a Director of the company., on picking the car up was told no problems diagnostics found nothing untoward.
    Not long afterwards it seemed to get worse booked the car in for a check, no problems, I was at fault.
    This went on for a period of time, and the car was due for replacement, but it had to be serviced.
    The service Director, saw me came over and said "I owe you an apology", what for, he explained that his own car was being serviced and he took out a 1.6litre, same as mine, experienced same problems.
    On return to the garage diagnostics should no problems, he contacted Toyota and was awaiting a response, never di find out the cause.
    Vic

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post