Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The 7 deadly sins

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The 7 deadly sins

I cant remember off hand what they all were. But as what I consider one of the worse attributes of man sometimes gets near one of them which I think should be there and is very likely to remain as is one of mans many failures, and that is Arrogance. Although the white gloves that were used on inspections on a previous post may have excuses attached to, bullying behaviour in the belief that it is alright, does not, and never will. I have come up against the same as most this obscene word arrogance , which should be treat with the contempt it deserves. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The 7 deadly sins

One of the many regrets in my life was when I met such what appeared to me as arrogance when a certain person asked me for seasick tablets during a very disturbing period. I answered his condensing attitude with sarcasm. later there was a report of a suicide from a particular group of people . Thinking back I immediately saw the possibility of it being the same person. Sarcasm can also be the lowest point of wit sometimes. So wished I had just said No. However on the other hand my own nature demanded I answer such an obtrusive question in the manner I did. And I would probably do the same again , its the nature of the beast. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He john
    Nearly every time I sailed I got seasick, it never occurred to me all the time I was at sea to take a seasick tablet, don't know to this day why, but I assure you if i thought of it I would have groveled for one.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I cant remember sighting any all the times I looked after the Medicine Locker Deep Sea. As for the time stated the medicine locker consisted of a biscuit tin so doubt there was any in there even if I had of had time to look. Apart from that the complainant was expressing his worries about being engulfed by toxious smoke. You cant please everyone all of the time. When it comes to self survival be prepared for anything. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There was a second Steward on UCL, Cooper Brown if I recall, not just a simple Brown, no not him.
    Was married to one of the Caizers daughters and though by that he could do as he liked.
    Rude, Arogant, Bombastic and a general pain in the rear end.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Doc Vernon, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Arrogant people often believe that they have nothing to learn from others, so they act like know it alls. They fight tooth and nail to be right and to show that others are wrong. What is more, they don't listen to other people's views.
    If on the other hand one is a confident person he or she wont have any problem listening as they are aware that they don't know everything and are happy to learn from others.

Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A difficulty with commenting about the arrogance of another is the caution that the commenter could be seen as tarred with the same brush.

the quality of being arrogant.
    "the arrogance of this man is astounding"
    synonyms:
    haughtiness · conceit · hubris · self-importance · egotism · sense of superiority · pomposity · high-handedness · swagger · boasting · bumptiousness · bluster · condescension · disdain · contempt · imperiousness · pride · vanity · immodesty · loftiness · lordliness · snobbishness · snobbery · superciliousness · smugness · pretension · pretentiousness · affectation · scorn · mocking · sneering · scoffing · presumption · insolence · uppitiness · big-headedness.
    Ken T
    R412277

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    I cant remember sighting any all the times I looked after the Medicine Locker Deep Sea. As for the time stated the medicine locker consisted of a biscuit tin Cheers JS
    I think the main contents of the Medical locker were Black Draught (for internal use) Whitfields Ointment (for external use) and anti VD kits (for external and then internal use) and of course the 'Ship Captain's Medical Guide' with its horrendus photographs of private parts that hadn't used the anti-VD kits, but were forgotten after the first two beers and those silky warm arms around your neck

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#8 Wouldnt of got the Shipmasters Medical Guide into the biscuit tin Ivan , was full of bandages and elastoplast. also think the tins dimensions were a bit small. Cheers JS
    R575129

12. Thanks Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    I think the main contents of the Medical locker were Black Draught (for internal use) Whitfields Ointment (for external use) and anti VD kits (for external and then internal use) and of course the 'Ship Captain's Medical Guide' with its horrendus photographs of private parts that hadn't used the anti-VD kits, but were forgotten after the first two beers and those silky warm arms around your neck
    Guilty your honor
    {terry scouse}

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast