Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Got a light

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Got a light

As regards far from the maddening crowds seems to be the best odds as regards todays weird circumstances. The UK it must be very hard to do due to the well over population of the country in general. Was recently in touch with my daughter who lives in Cappys area which one would say was less dense than most places , but the family next door to them have copped it via their children being thought to have picked it up at school . Fortuanetley my daughter and her husband have had to take extra precautions due to their already problems with their health which is not conducive to the present epidemic. So have kept their distance. My daughter a teacher is now conducting her job via the internet. I must say here in WA although it must have affected some with their change of lifestyle , it has had very little effect on us oldies , it is not yet a big topic of conversation. We do however follow the guidelines of maxinum of 6 to a table even when playing Bingo. I havent heard any griping about it. Maybe we are more law abiding. Or maybe dont like people looking over our shoulder to see if Legs 11 has been called yet. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john some sort of resume re the virus in my area.....we all seem to carry on as normal trying to keep up to the 3 must does ...the village has one case a boy who is the son of our local nurse a lovely geordie girl married to a yorkie ....my son is still working .....my daughter living in harrogate working from home .....my grandson charlie playing pro rugby in france where the covid is very very prevelant ....we carry on as usual but dont eat out at all now till things get better......the big cities are suffering as you probably know ....the young and many others not playing by the rules.....then the likes of andy burnham asking for more money while the students are running wild in his area spreading the disease to all and sundry.....somehow as a nation we cannot work together as in the war years.....if the government said 2 ozs of butter a week you didnt carry on asking for more ......but of course that is my interpretation of what happens when people are looked after from cradle to grave......but never the less that is the state of affairs in general and of course the purveyors of doom in there element looking for fault in every thing .....it is now all politics more so than the pandemic in my view ......but the answer is simple follow the rules and the pandemic will be beaten if we dont follow the rules it is like going to sea without the hatches being battened down .....only one answer to that ......no doubt this which is my view will be attacked that is what free speech is ......but it wont put the hatchboards and tarps back on a ship in jeopardy.....regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My thoughts exactly Cappy, of course its not just students, but older people as well. Of course we are in to, probably, two or three generations who have not really understood discipline , right from school age they must not be touched, the worst punishment is to be excluded, big deal,. The lax situation in schools today amazes me, (my niece is a teacher ). I was not the best behaved pupil in school, but the threat of being sent to stand outside the headmasters office was enough to scare you, anything could happen from there, right up to a cane. Discipline started from a very young age, and it should be so now. I am not saying the days of beatings with cane should be brought back, but meaningful punishment for transgression. If indiscipline is carried from a young age, will carry it into adulthood, kt
    R689823

4. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

keith my own experience of life has shown me how we are weaker as a country and pander to the do gooders ......i was a illegal immigrant in oz i was put in a prison cell with barley porrige the size of a soup spoon for breakfast in a cell about 8 ft by 8ft with a bucket for ablutions and so hot i could hardly breath .....i believe locked up 18 hours a day .....with the constant crying of men .....and the sound of blokes getting sorted out by the screws.....i had one shower in 3 weeks ...the food was uneatable ....i learned one big lesson believe me .....58 years later the immigrants are pouring over the chanel into my homeland .....taken for hot meals and showers new clothing and put in 4 star hotels with 4 meals a day ...they are complaining that they are bored in the hotel grounds all with mobile phones and a cash allowance ......the phones no doubt telling there friends they have found valhalla....there are many of these hotels one in york that is known about......where is the punishment to stop this surge ...cold accom ....cold showers ....crap food in a proper cell ...the message would get through very quickly.....discipline has gone the rule of law is fast following ...and yet no one seems to care while we pay taxes to keep them and there wives kids etc ......no body ever gave me anything...sad but true cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    keith my own experience of life has shown me how we are weaker as a country and pander to the do gooders ......i was a illegal immigrant in oz i was put in a prison cell with barley porrige the size of a soup spoon for breakfast in a cell about 8 ft by 8ft with a bucket for ablutions and so hot i could hardly breath .....i believe locked up 18 hours a day .....with the constant crying of men .....and the sound of blokes getting sorted out by the screws.....i had one shower in 3 weeks ...the food was uneatable ....i learned one big lesson believe me .....58 years later the immigrants are pouring over the chanel into my homeland .....taken for hot meals and showers new clothing and put in 4 star hotels with 4 meals a day ...they are complaining that they are bored in the hotel grounds all with mobile phones and a cash allowance ......the phones no doubt telling there friends they have found valhalla....there are many of these hotels one in york that is known about......where is the punishment to stop this surge ...cold accom ....cold showers ....crap food in a proper cell ...the message would get through very quickly.....discipline has gone the rule of law is fast following ...and yet no one seems to care while we pay taxes to keep them and there wives kids etc ......no body ever gave me anything...sad but true cappy
    hi cappy
    the answer no food, no showers, no hotels and returned on the next tide.
    tom

7. Thanks cappy, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why wait for a tide. ??? Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Leigh Davis a firm of well known social solicitors is advertising for illegal immigrants that have been detained by UK authorities to contact them. Through the Legal aid fund this firm will bring a class action against the Home Office for illegal detention under they HR laws.
    The company believes it will win any action and the detainees will receive compensation.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

interesting vic as a tanker off the isle of wight is under pressure by all accounts from a group of stowaways the large tanker left nigeria on i believe the 6 of oct and is zig zagging in the chanel with helicopters above and the crew in secure positions ....on the bridge by all accounts ...they are suggesting military action ...put the SAS aboard i would like to see and take this crap out ....cappy

- - - Updated - - -

vessel under liberian flag.......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    interesting vic as a tanker off the isle of wight is under pressure by all accounts from a group of stowaways the large tanker left nigeria on i believe the 6 of oct and is zig zagging in the chanel with helicopters above and the crew in secure positions ....on the bridge by all accounts ...they are suggesting military action ...put the SAS aboard i would like to see and take this crap out ....cappy

- - - Updated - - -

vessel under liberian flag.......cappy
    hi cappy
    dont worry about those poor nigerian stowaways, they will be safely tucked up in a nice hotel bed tonight.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hopefully with a good seeing too from our SAS.....lol cappy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast