Just wondered.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Long life

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    That was the place Vernon, and yes the Wimpey bars.

My mother worked in one during WW2 for some time.
    It was in the Oxford Street London one that I once met with Ronnie Kray of the infamous Kray twins.
    Was that a gun in his pocket John, or was he just pleased to see you? . One Saturday night I was in Tottenham's best dance hall, the Royal,
    they had big band music with singers and a very big bar, a good place to go on a Saturday night, I was standing at the bar weighing up the
    evenings prospects, when I noticed the bar was almost empty, then the two blokes standing next to me picked up their glasses and walked off,
    as they passed me, one of them said "It's the Krays'', I hadn't been ashore very long and I had never heard of the Krays, I thought he had said
    "The Craze" but at that moment I saw Ron and Reg flanked by their thugs, all headed towards the bar and in my direction, social distancing, tell
    me about it, as said I had never heard of them at that time, but you didn't need to know who they were, to know what they were, I've read the
    books and seen the films, and as said they really looked the part, I wonder if the Royal as on their "Protection scheme" cheers.
    Last edited by John F Collier; 4th September 2020 at 08:24 PM.

3. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Long life

John, the odd bit about all of this is when I met him I wasa with a mate who had done some home catering for their mothers birthday.

He greeted me as a pure gentleman, and not knowing at the time of first seeing him thought he was just another nice guy.

Next day it was in the papers, mad had his head bashed in down in the Corner House toilets, just where we met him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes John F Collier liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2