Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Presidential

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Presidential

This posting is mainly for Rodders as I know he can answer the question here. But if others have a reply then so be it, but not just a cut and paste one, want some personal input.

November 3 will see the people of USA go to elect the next president.

Joe Biden, now with the first Afro/American female vice president candidate made a statement that if elected he would only be an interim president.

There is an assumption that he will step aside after two to three years leaving the Vice president to take over.

The then new president would run for office again one presumes.

If she wins she could then maybe run again for a second term as is the normal situation.
    But under the constitution as I read it presidents can only be elected for a maximum of two terms.

If three terms were achieved then it would see the Democrats in power for twelve consecutive years, is that good?

Currently the Democrats are blocking a financial package in the Senate where I thought the Republicans had the majority, one of the reasons the impeachment of Trump never went ahead.

Are they now simply playing politics to boost the chances of Biden.

The the matter of postal votes, are they being sent out now, what if one is filled in then later you decide otherwise?

There has been talk on the net that Russia want Trump to win, while for China it is Biden, they consider his appointment will see an end to the trade war!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Presidential

Johnno.

There is no news on Biden being a short timer.* No way would he or anyone suggest that before the election, it would be the kiss of death to their hope of being elected,

The vice-president is limited to a maximum of ten years.* Under the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution,* If the vice president serves less than two years fulfilling the inherited term, he/she can run for two four year terms for a maximum of ten years.* If he/she serves more than two years then he/she can only serve for one term.

Recap. less than two, two additional terms, max ten.* More than two, would be four plus inherited term.

Voting by mail is no different than voting in a voting booth.* Once you drop your vote in the postal box it becomes the property of the postal service, not you, and when delivered it is the same as in* person voting,* It can't be changed.* There is a deadline for domestic posting* that cannot be exceeded.

Kamila Harris was born in California, thus is qualified to run as vice-president or president.* You do not have to be born in the USA, but must be a naturalized citizen (like me) to serve in the Senate or Congress.* You must be born in the US to be president or assume the position if died or removed from office.
    Cheers, Rodders* * *

middlemount and bundaberg queensland australia
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

afro american? half jamaican and half indian. dont think creepy joe has any chance, and i think the proles can see through a dusky woman being selected.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Stranger things have happened though! Will wait and see the outcome!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for that bit Rodders, knew you would have the answers.

It will be interesting to see the outcome.
    On the net today an article about the effects on the stock market if Biden wins.

Trump they claim has been good for the market pushing it well up.
    However they claim that a Democrat win would push it up by a further 20% as they would put more money into the country via social means but also put up taxes.
    This would mean even less to be made from cash so the markets would benefit from this.

But of course all speculation based on China wanting the Democrats to win, end the trade war they believe.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Rodney:

For f*ck's sake.. can we PLEASE have a world politician with more brainpower than plankton??

F'k sake.. anyone with half a brain knows when the bloody world wars began and ended.

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-say...1TnDVesRkwy_LE

9. Likes Rodney Mills, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post
    Rodney:

For f*ck's sake.. can we PLEASE have a world politician with more brainpower than plankton??

F'k sake.. anyone with half a brain knows when the bloody world wars began and ended.

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-say...1TnDVesRkwy_LE
    “ The Dunning-Kruger effect is a term that describes a psychological phenomenon in which*stupid people do not know that they are in fact stupid.”

“ Visionary science-fiction writer Isaac Asimov signaled to the Dunning-Kruger effect with his famous observation in 1980: "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

“ Historian and political scientist Richard Hofstadter famously warned that Republicans and other conservatives had succumbed to the allure and power of anti-intellectualism. Hofstadter's "Anti-Intellectualism in American Life" was written in 1963.”

Food for thought guys.
    Duke Drennan R809731

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Trump brought the country together (THE ONLY TIME) in trying to decode what he meant
    in a late night tweet with the word "covfefe".

"covfefe" ? Little got better, if at all.

Food for thought guys.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 17th August 2020 at 11:22 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Please get him to stop:

Trump mispronounced Thailand as “Thighland” on Thursday — days after he was mocked for incorrectly pronouncing Yosemite. He made the gaffe during a speech in Clyde, Ohio, before quickly correcting himself.

All are now contemplating how the president might pronounce 'Phuket'.

K.

14. Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Like so many politicians who say they have the best if intentions he has gone off course.

But the medical term in another post would suit so many world leaders and politicians in general.

Will Trump be re-elected, possibly, will he then change, possibly but unlikely.

I do not have much understanding of USA government but from my perspective the Democrats remind me of the Labor party though I know they are not.

Polosi, the house speaker, gives me the impression she is power hungry, though that is only my thoughts.

With the way the world is now we really need leaders who have a new vision for the future of the planet, we will not get that I fear from either candidate.
    Both in my mind are a bit too old for the position, Biden will I believe be about 82 at the next election in 2024.

But time will tell, look at what is occurring around the globe, Belarus and Honk Kong are good examples of it.
    Tread your own path.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

16. Thanks Duke Drennan thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast