Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the world we once enjoyed ever be the same again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Will the world we once enjoyed ever be the same again.

I think its time we debated it while we still can before we are either no more earthling or rocking in a chair looking out the window in a care home.
    I always said the biggest and worse outcome with this pandemic would be unemployment, You cant estimate how many will loose there jobs as firm after firm some very big concerns indeed having to lay off workers a lot of civil servants are still working from home, A lot of people will probably never enjoy full employment again, What in your view will become of these poor souls. Estimated to be between in the U.K.Alone 4 to 5 million, There is no cure for this pandemic all they can do at present is test you and diagnose whether you have it or not. There is no point in being political over this and start ripping into partisan politics. It wont make any difference to the situation the world is in, Have i took my last holiday abroad, Have i enjoyed my last night out wining and dinning with my misses, Will i ever be able to safely take my grandkids for a day out, Will i ever get to see my G.P. Face to face again, Will we have a second spike of this terrible thing, Will i ever be able safely to go on a shopping spree at such times like xmas with my wife or family, How can we ever control peoples anxiety and worry of catching this thing, Are we to become a world locked down for the rest of our lives, As depressing as it is this may well become the norm, The world we all travelled and holidayed has at present become a very different place for the worse, Are we over reacting and should we just wild abandon any advise from the experts and what will be will be, One thing to remember 7% of the UK Population have lost there lives to this terrible thing. Your thought Lads............. Should make for a good debate Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Will the world we once enjoyed ever be the same again.

Terry it may never be the same, but as long as I wake up in the morning I consider myself 100% ahead.

As for 7% losing their lives to covid -19, we have a population of 60 million plus, 7% of that would mean that 4 million two hundred thousand would have died, the true figure is nearer to 0.00007% being under 47,000 souls

Mis information is being spread on various media sites and by people who cannot do simple mathematics, it is dangerous to quote misinformation
    Last edited by Ivan Cloherty; 4th August 2020 at 11:34 AM. Reason: old age

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think the world will ever be the same, but then its not the same world we lived in 60 years ago either. In my opinion we have no chance of beating this thing until EVERTONE realises what it could lead to, eg, i have just gone to the corner shop, just for milk and a couple of other things, i am stood looking into the frozen cabinet, and a guy comes and stands right up close to me, WITH HIS MASK IN HIS HAND !!!!, so what chances have we got to beating it with idiots like that. Sorry, my rant over for today, but there's always tomorrow, i hope, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry you ask many questions, in them I sense the heart of a person who not only cares for his Family, also for many other Family's Nationally, and Globally, when fear abounds people like yourself are in short supply, You have summed the thoughts of billions, The answer is not that simple, However here is the hope for us all. "Unconditional Love" All the best keep smiling. Regards Roger (M)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree with what has been said here ,and i dont want to go into the Subject of you know what again, but this is a valid question, and very important .
    So i will let this one ride and see how we go.
    As for an opinion, for the time being anyway the World is and definately will not be the same by a long shot, not whilst there are so many Idiots walking about doing what they like ,and not caring about others. I see and read all about these kind of stupid acts daily, and it makes me shudder!

Here in Aussie, now in Melbourne they have increased the fine for Breaking the Lock down Rule to $5000 a pop, and for going to Work with the Dreaded word is now at $20,000 now that is some fine!
    I hope that it will at least curb things .
    Other than that all i can say is until we get a proven Vaccine , and i am sure we will we will live in this Topsy Turvy World for some time to come! Hang in there all ,take care and PLEASE do the right thing ,for yourself and for others too. Thats it from the Doc LOL
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There have been plagues, epidemics, pandemics since time immemorial. Many of them were historically limited to city states because little was known about the rest of the "Barbaric World" that had no written documentation'

Hamin Angham, China. Est. 5000 b,c, Known from massive common graves.Plague of Athens. 430bc. recorded and mass burial sites.

Antonine plague AD 165-180Plague of Cyprian (Tunis) AD 250-271

Plague of Justinian AD 541- 542The Black Death AD1346- 1353. Est. half the worlds population.

Cocolites Epidemic Ad 1545-1548 est. 15 million of Mexico population.

American plague 16th century 90% of the indigenous population.

Great plague of London. 1665- 1660

Great plague of Marseilles 1720-1723

Russian olahue 0f 1770-1772.

Philidelphia Yellow Fever 1793

Flue pandemic 1889-1890

Polio epidemic 1916 est. 1 million died.

Spanish flu 1918-1920 est. 500 million died

\
    Asian Flu I million died.

Aids Pandemic 35 million est. died.

Hini swine flu est. 151000-540.000 died

West Africa Ebola2014-2016

Zica virus epidemic 2015-present

and the current Covid 19.

Life will change,and we will all feel the effects. As the world reeled from the end of the horse and buggy era, it led to better paying jobs in factories for years.

Computers later cost many of these good jobs, but it led to higher skill level jobs in computers and communications.

Ends of eras come and go, just like in our beloved MN.. But we all found different occupations, many of us better paying and more time home with our families. Is it missed of course. On one hand the human hates change, but first adjusts out of necessity, then seizes the moment.

Mankind is basically optimistic and an opportunist.

Do you not remember hearing your parents whinging about the youth of today and the world as they knew it coming to an end? Well guess what, it did...the next generation (ours) invented the wildest things, cured terrible diseases, extended life, and our kids generation have done and are doing the same thing, and guess what? Our grandkids generation will do the same thing...the word is progressing generationally and man (women and men) will continuously do it and there will be other pandemics too, but the world will keep on turning. We (our generation) ain't the end of the line.

Rodney
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 5th August 2020 at 12:46 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Since man first walked upon the face of tis planet there has been constant change.
    We no longer live in caves, well not in the West, we have gone from Shanks Pony to the motor vehicle, from rubbing two sticks together to physo ignition.
    We now live longer than any previous generation thanks to medical science.
    We are educated like never before and since the end of WW2 man has made more advances in technology, life style, medical procedures than in all the years prior to then.
    We put men on the Moon, send space craft to Mars, even no to the Sun to find out more about it.

So how will life be after this minor blip?

There will be some form of vacine, Russia is to Vacinate some 300,000 for the Virus begining in October. Do they have the answer to the Virus?
    It may not kill it off but may well act as does the Flu one .

Life will continue to evolve and we will find new ways to deal with it.

For some it will be hard to take, yes many jobs may go, some businesses may go to the wall.
    But there will be new generation people who will want to try their ideas so unemployment will begin to fall again.
    This is nothing new, there have been many such instances in the past, the Great Depression of the 1920's, many thought it was the end, but the world recovered.
    There was AIDS in the 1980's and many other such instances, the Financial Crisis of 2008, the world recovered.

Man is resourceful and will always find a way forward, the same will occur this time.

But the recover could be made better if the average man in the street looked at the figures and worked out for himself the death rate globally from this is less than 0.00007%.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 5th August 2020 at 06:51 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The thing is John, None of us are getting any younger we have all done our bit, And the older we get the more prone to every day diseases we become, I am diabetic type two i am sat here this morning at 08 50 i am awaiting a nurse to visit me to take bloods and let the diabetic consultant take a look at in the clinic as i am grounded and work out if my medication has to be altered or stopped or increased this is the first contact i have had with the clinic since last February. There are a lot of people worse off than me i pity the people who got a cancer diagnosis just before the country was put into lock down all resources seem to be put into corona sufferers what else can any health service do. Many many lives really have been put on hold. And unfortunately not all of them will come out the other side. Very sad state of affairs i read online yesterday suicides in the U.S Are up 50% prior to covid. Our youngsters getting there grades coming out of university this week. A lot of them are questioning whether they are receiving the correct grades. The sooner a vaccine is found the better but i am a realist so lets not hold our breath lads because it could be years away from being proven Stay safe all and very best Regards and good health to all Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I often wonder if TV is one reason that people panic, our stations have big whirling viruses in the background, great for frightening the life out of kids and older people. I went through the Diphtheria and Scarlet fever epidemic, have had double Pneumonia as a four year old, for the last 19 years I have had Prostate cancer, so I think I can survive this.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Pays to be careful, mate. Keep it up.

All the best.

Keith.

13. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast