Thread: Pay Cut

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Pay Cut

It's heart warming in these strenuous times that certain people are willing to take a pay cut.
    Lionel Messi who plays for Barcelona which has debts of £55m and pay Messi a whopping £120m per year, which equates to more than £300,000 per day, is willing to take a pay cut, but he doesn't say how much.
    Doesn't have you a warm all very glow or think what a greedy barsteward?
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pay Cut

There are some genuine ones out there that will take a pay cut. I always tremble when politicians say that they will forgo any increase in pay for a certain time. Say they forgo their 10% increase for the year which sounds real good. Then demand a double increase the following year because they have not had one for two years. Same as some of our CEO's that are taking a couple of million dollar pay cut from their multi million dollar salary. How is one to survive on say 150 million a year when used to getting 160. No mention of all the lurks and perks that they get either.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The CEOs of big business get all their big bonuses and big salary’s under our capitalist system by keeping costs For their own business down and profits up.This is mostly achieved by keeping the cost of wages down and the labour force to a minimum.it is a system like it always has been you Rob Peter to pay Paul , the big winner is Paul.
    I said years ago on this site the same and was branded a communist,which I am not, I likened Tito of Yugoslavia as the nearest politician to get things nearly right. He apart from being a communist lived a personal life of luxury, but made sure he was the only one who did.. money and position has always been a drawcard for the scrupulous and the unscrupulous , the power side is the only thing I can see is advantageous to any politician, and in my view does not depend on party but on the humility and humanity of the person. This is.NOT a discussion on politics but on people in general . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th March 2020 at 12:50 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Look at what the communist Party of China did when the virus started, and now look at what western Govt's are doing and tell me the difference.
    Des

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A. Joyce the Irish Leprechaun who runs QUANTAS is to forgo his pay until end of June.
    How will he survive with a cut of about $5 million from his pay, makes me feel so sorry for the robbing barsteward while he lays off thousands with a grin on his face.

Then the two bit footy players who are screaming as there is the possibility their pay may be cut buy 10%, how is an overpaid performer expected to manage on that.

Then the poor bugger laid off as his company has to shut down under gov orders and will get a pay cut of up to 50% of his take home pay.
    The gap between the haves and have nots continues with the haves getting better and the rest being shafted, big time.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post