Thread: The human race

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The human race

Why are we so inconsiderate of others?
    Supermarkets stripped bare of food.
    People crowding beaches and holiday resorts.
    People overwhelming National Trust Gardens.
    No doubt there are many more that other can think of.
    As race are we more greedy, thoughtless than our predecors.
    At the first hint of an imminent disaster, it's the me, me, society.
    Just wish people would step back and think about their actions and the impacts that they could cause.
    Gripe over.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 22nd March 2020 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The human race

I don't mind if it just makes them ill Vic, in fact that what they deserve , but of course they are passing it on to everyone else. unfortunately we are talking about at least two generations who have always had what they want, the latest trainers, you cannot touch me in school etc, i do what i want etc. totally selfish. I realise you cannot put ALL of them in that box, some of obviously kind and considerate, alas those are the ones that don't grab the headlines, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vic you are so right. I challenged a person on social media who expressed his feelings as - " this virus will clear out the rubbish ( which I took to be us oldies ) who are clogging up our health systems and costing us so much financially for no return and leave the fittest to survive " he also stated that there was nothing wrong with ' panic buying ' it was not panic it was just using your initiative. Where do these people come from ??? Thankfully my children are wonderful, loving and so helpful - I wonder what his family is like, probably the same as him.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    I don't mind if it just makes them ill Vic, in fact that what they deserve , but of course they are passing it on to everyone else. unfortunately we are talking about at least two generations who have always had what they want, the latest trainers, you cannot touch me in school etc, i do what i want etc. totally selfish. I realise you cannot put ALL of them in that box, some of obviously kind and considerate, alas those are the ones that don't grab the headlines, kt
    Sheep

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allman View Post
    Vic you are so right. I challenged a person on social media who expressed his feelings as - " this virus will clear out the rubbish ( which I took to be us oldies ) who are clogging up our health systems and costing us so much financially for no return and leave the fittest to survive " he also stated that there was nothing wrong with ' panic buying ' it was not panic it was just using your initiative. Where do these people come from ??? Thankfully my children are wonderful, loving and so helpful - I wonder what his family is like, probably the same as him.
    Chris, I couldn't agree more, Its a terrible attitude some people have if you think about it if you cant freeze it then it will perish and end up in the rubbish bin, Fruit and Veg only has so long before it rots I was in Sainsburys yesterday with my missis we got the last bag of potatoes and bananas on the shelf this was 11.30am the cabinets that hold the small joints of meat where empty, It has been said by all the supermarkets that they will sort this problem out, Anyone who can do what we will be doing from tomorrow order your weekly shop online and get it delivered to your door, Most outlets are taking this onboard and there is no extra cost. As for the guy who wrote what you read lets hope his freezer breaks down and most of his hoard rots before he can eat it. A family or a couple like us can only eat your fill no need for stock piling I saw it first hand myself yesterday I heard a young couple bragging it was there 3rd run in an hour on the supermarket. Selfish Bar stewards. Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allman View Post
    It was the oldies who have paid into the system which has got it to where it is now. I am not pointing any fingers but there are lots of freeloaders abusing it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    Chris, I couldn't agree more, Its a terrible attitude some people have if you think about it if you cant freeze it then it will perish and end up in the rubbish bin, Fruit and Veg only has so long before it rots I was in Sainsburys yesterday with my missis we got the last bag of potatoes and bananas on the shelf this was 11.30am the cabinets that hold the small joints of meat where empty, It has been said by all the supermarkets that they will sort this problem out, Anyone who can do what we will be doing from tomorrow order your weekly shop online and get it delivered to your door, Most outlets are taking this onboard and there is no extra cost. As for the guy who wrote what you read lets hope his freezer breaks down and most of his hoard rots before he can eat it. A family or a couple like us can only eat your fill no need for stock piling I saw it first hand myself yesterday I heard a young couple bragging it was there 3rd run in an hour on the supermarket. Selfish Bar stewards. Terry.
    Agree with that Terry, some places are sold out of freezers as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Plus the fact that even though they have been told to avoid congregating, to stop spreading the virus, people are going to Wales and the Lake District and National Parks. The police are saying that the traffic on the roads around these places are Bank Holiday traffic levels. They just don't give a ***t. Its a total waste of time asking them, to my mind Boris should now start locking down and prosecuting people who ignore the instructions, otherwise the death toll is going to rocket out of all proportions.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The silly sods are still going to car boot sales here, i just don't believe how bloody stupid people are, they are just not going to stop doing what they want, its impossible to deal with people like that, only some sort of law system so that they can be punished.apparently in Oz they are stationing a policeman in the supermarket. There was a vid yesterday showing 3 women scrapping over a trolley load of toilet rolls, jesus you would have paid money to see the punches being thrown, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In Tenerife the police strictly enforced the rules in the streets and hotels, no gatherings allowed, in the hotels sent you to your room. Only allowed out in the street one at a time (unless helping a disabled person), then only to a pharmacy or a food shop, some in the hotel thought they were above the rules, soon discovered they were not and ended up in a blue light taxi to the Police Station.

Thought there would be chaos at the airport from stories filtering back to the hotel, probably started by people not used to travelling, but hats off to the Spanish police who had everything beautifully controlled, one policeman for every two desks (72 desks) and also roaming policemen, they made sure that safe gaps were maintained and queue jumpers were sent to the back of the queue, and if rude to the police were detained until the queue grew longer and then sent to the back of the queue, they brooked no nonsense and everything flowed smoothly because of it, from their appearance it seemed that authorities had picked their largest and fittest looking specimens to be on duty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast