Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: By royal appointment

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default By royal appointment

With Harry and Megan Markel seeming to wish to take up semi permanent residence on Vancouver island, perhaps our Dennis could pop round with a batch of his famous tab have to make them welcome. If so perhaps he may even then to change his avatar to state "by royal appointment". LOL.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: By royal appointment

Wouldn't one have to say "By appointment of a former royal". I don't think anyone would want that, it's much like the saying "Close only matters in (the game of) horseshoes and (the weapon) hand grenades."

Cheers, Rodney
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 15th January 2020 at 09:11 PM. Reason: typo correction

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe he will end up as a German Prince as he intends picking his ball up and taking his games to Dusseldorf, apparently for the benefit of injured British soldiers !!! so there.
    Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It has been suggested that he could become some form of ambassador here in Oz or Canada????????????????????
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

I think Megan has her heart set on Canada.

The Queen has agreed to the wish of her grandson and his wife to
    step back as senior royals, become financially independent and
    split their time between the UK and Canada.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am sorry but I think the whole thing is a farce. Megan Markel has taken over Harry. He is not the happy and gregarious guy he used to be. Has anyone noticed that she walks in front of him now, she shakes hands first now, so she is obviously the star of the show. All that whinging in the Bradby interview " thank you for asking after me " with the sad little girl look to gain sympathy. She is an ' actress ' for god sake, she has just changed shows from Suits to Game of Thrones and wants all the wealth and popularity married into the Royal Family brings but not the hard work that also goes with it. I say if the they want to live in Canada then so be it - but - remove any titles they have and any financial support they get from the British Tax Payer. They are both worth millions in their own right so let them support themselves. We all have to on a hell of a lot less than they have. When and only when Harry sees the light and what she is really like he can return and be welcomed back to where he belongs as a Prince of England. I think nearly everyone except him, poor man can see who Megan Markel really is.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think its very good that with recent events with the other Royal-slug, and now this lot the royal burden on tax payers can start to ease, the Queen has done a good job over the years, but is expanding too much, especially when you look at the hangers on in grace and favour apartments, as you can gather i am not a royal fan. if you read a book called *the Royals*, by Kitty Kelly it is an eye opener, they told her she would be sued if she published, she told them she could back every word printed, she was never sued. I await the incoming, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Archie is in Canada is that to prevent the Queen getting custody? I wonder if he will return to UK any time soon?

Hello Victoria,
    Neither the Queen nor any other g/parent or gg/parent has a right to custody. There are no legal rights for g/parents at all here in the UK
    regards
    Brenda

9. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post
    her grandson and his wife to
    step back as senior royals, become financially independent
    K.
    One has to feel some sympathy for them, I do hope they will be able to manage financially, because we all know how difficult it is being financially independent when starting off with only a few million Pounds in the Bank

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Shackleton View Post
    Archie is in Canada is that to prevent the Queen getting custody? I wonder if he will return to UK any time soon?

Hello Victoria,
    Neither the Queen nor any other g/parent or gg/parent has a right to custody. There are no legal rights for g/parents at all here in the UK
    regards
    Brenda
    However Brenda - A law was passed in 1717 by King George 1 called the " The Grand Opinion for the Prerogative Concerning the Royal Family " - The Law means that the sovereign has full legal custody of their minor grandchildren. This means that when Charles, Prince of Wales becomes sovereign, he will have custody of his minor grandchildren. He could therefore have Archie returned to the UK and brought up under his care and protection. I do not think a certain American actress would be happy with that ..................
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 16th January 2020 at 04:51 PM.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast