Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: By royal appointment

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: By royal appointment

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allman View Post
    She does not need this at this time in her life or reign and one would have thought that had there been any thought or respect for her, that Harry would have waited until she ceased to be Queen before pursuing this so called quest. Perhaps in the knowledge that Archie could be taken into the custody of the Sovereign when Charles becomes King, the American Actress is behind it all, who knows.
    If her mother was anything to go by then that could be at least another 10 years.
    I find it rather incredulous that anyone seriously thinks that in the 21st century a child - Royal or otherwise -would be forcibly removed from the custody of it's parents due to some near medieval law, right back into the environment the parents are trying to remove it from.
    Still, it's all a canny distraction from the sex offender in the family.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You have your opinions Mr Christie and I have mine.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its amazing what laws can be bought in to effect, when it suits of course, witness Mr Bercow recently in house of commons, designed to knacker Brexit. I am a great believer that every time a new law is passed, they should be compelled to scrap an old one, . Its worth noting that the rules change when it suits, remember King whatsis name was forced to abdicate because he wanted to marry a divorced women, and here we are the next King will have been married to a divorced women, buts thats ok of course now . kt
    R689823

4. Likes Chris Allman, Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith / Jim / Chris, We have to have disagreement onboard to make this democracy of ours float, We are blessed with freedom of speech use it, For the very same reason government has to have an opposition. Regards to you all Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 17th January 2020 at 05:16 PM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With regards to the press they have recently had Brexit to conjure up all kinds of crap to publish ,the recent situation regarding the prince and Megan is a godsend for them to sell papers ,why the hell the public read half of them I just don't know there are much more important thing happening in the world and in this country to report on but does it sell papers .At the end of the day they are two humans who fell in love as we all have and no other thought is given to anything .in my opinion they are a newly wed couple with a new baby and are not being allowed to get on with their lives,they have made a decision to live their lives the way they want so I wish them the best of luck.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree with all of that Dave, as long as we the taxpayers do not have to foot the bill, and keep them in the luxury they are used to. As we already know there is a problem who will look after their safety, not a cheap problem, security 24-7 etc, kt
    R689823

8. Likes Chris Allman, Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim R Christie View Post
    Why punish Harry when Andrew is still living on the public purse (as he has done all his life) and in his "grace and favour" home?
    'Punish' what a strange word to use, it was, and is his own desire for him and his family to be left alone, no one else's, and I doubt anyone has any objection to that; however if you want to live as a 'commoner' then accept the limitations of being a commoner and dispense with all the trappings of being a royal. He will have a better start than other commoners, he is hardly starting with a blank Bank Statement, as I suspect most of us on here did.

My feelings are exactly the same for Andy as far as public purse and grace and favour are concerned.

I have no further comments on the subject, as I suspect that neither of us has the correct solution, nor would we be listened to, even if we thought we had.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It looks very much like Harry @ Megan have very much made up there minds to break the mould and live independent lives, Its all been said on here the issues surrounding there decision, And personally I think they will go with Her Majesties love, Support, And best wishes. As far as security and what it will cost, I mean imagine any extreme group taking such a high scalp as Harry out and what a feather in there cap it would be. No shortage of tryers I don't see it as the Canadian tax payers problem and money always raises its ugly head when promises are made. But have any of you ever tried to value the Royal Family collectively exactly what there worth and what keeps rolling into there kitty annually. If you get the time scroll through this printed by Readers Digest, And bare in mind you wont find a value on the crown jewels they are impossible to value. Readers Digest has always been a good base for the truth in my opinion, And they must have had permission from the Royals in some capacity to print these figures. Harry and Megan and babe security NOT A PROBLEM Terry.

https://www.rd.com/culture/british-r...ily-net-worth/
    {terry scouse}

11. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He may well do what Princess Ann does, goes about her daily business and no one hears of her.
    She is involved with a lot of charity work and according to some reports takes very little from the Roayl purse.

But the media can be deadly.
    A woman's magazine here last year said on the front page,
    'It is all over with harry and Megan, she has taken her ring off'
    Fact is she had because as is often the case with ladies who have been potted her fingers were swelling up.

But the magazine that week according to sources had one of the best weeks ever for sales.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Interesting report from NZ.

Side-by-side headlines make it starkly clear: The tabloids had it in for Meghan

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/l...J10eYKLhVIanLc

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast