Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: By royal appointment

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: By royal appointment

Well, well ! We might see how/if that works .... I also know that G/parents have no legal right to Access of a g/child, and there have been many attempts to sort this out, but no luck so far.
    We have friends who are suffering b/c of this and have not seen their g/son in 7 years. When I was teaching there were always g/parents at the railings during playtime, hoping to catch a glimpse of their g/children. It's all so very sad and messy.
    Regards
    Brenda

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Royal Family decided to hold the unofficial Family meeting in Scouseringham, Here in Liverpool,

As they all sat and got a large dose of her majesties no holds barred,
    Prince Philip walked in the room late...…...……….. So it was a family wing ding you organized queen, Anyone for a Pink Champers,
    Grandad Andrew said park your butt like the rest of us and open the listeners there big enough like me old fellas,
    Just trying to make a bit of a jars out, Charley chipped in WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
    Andy you bloody ………………… said the queen go and put grandad in the bath and give him the toaster to play with, PLUG IT IN FIRST!!!!!!!!!
    WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Charlie you well me once more and I will give you a cauliflower ear,
    So H.... Where is the long haired one said the queen gone awol as usual,
    Gran she is with the bin lid at the mar in laws,
    WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. With that Charlie got the hand bag over the ed 3 times if you, don't shut up, until spoken to,
    By this time Andy had done a runner with Philip bugger that he thought the bloody mood she's in I would rather do jail
    Young Will chipped in she should be here H... My ones here...……. Change the grid its like a smacked a+se Will The queen said,
    Will and H... Had a few words and where rolling around scrapping on the floor, WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Smack hand bag again.
    I will handle this, She picked them up like rag dolls one in each hand and tossed them either side of the room,
    Gran, Will said after climbing out of the bathroom Grandad looks like a tomato there in the bath, How's Andy he's ok he said {SHAME},
    Charlie I am getting know where here get a grip of H... Or the gravy train stops WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Smack,
    Right I am off to Smokey Moe's said the queen I believe they have a doubles bar all day Monday,
    Shall one accompany you Mother Charlie said, Only if your buying bloody ell Charlie you have got you fathers listeners, WELLLLLLLLLLLLL.
    {terry scouse}

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Victoria, it is reported, supposedly coming from close friends, that her ultimate intention is to move to back to L.A. , but has stated not until Trump is no longer in office.... In the meantime Canada appears to be only a convenience in this ongoing saga.
    regards, Stan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Having seen what the media did to his mother I have some level of sympathy with him.
    He does not want his wife to suffer the same, and with the media as it is today that could easily happen.

But freedom, no matter who you are should be there if you wish it.

It could end up as another Charles/Diana saga, who knows.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm curious as to why there are calls for him to give up his titles. There are literally thousands of "titled" individuals the breadth of the country who perform no public duties and otherwise contribute little if anything, yet there is no suggestion they should be made to give them up.
    We have peers of the realm convicted of crimes and yet they somehow retain their titles (Archer etc).
    Not forgetting all the naughty stuff "Prince" Andrew has got upto and yet he's still a Prince,a Duke, an Earl and a Baron. He's stepped back from Royal duties for the forseeable future (amid considerable scandal), yet he's still being financed by the public purse.
    Where are the outraged social media posts and newspaper hysteria about that? It all seems to have been conveniently forgotten.

Harry wants to give his family at least a chance of a reasonable life without the media circus which killed his mother and which has hounded him all his life - good luck to them, because I'd do exactly the same.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 17th January 2020 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When Harry and his wife and child emigrate to Canada, I trust they will go through the same procedure as I did; the main part of which was be able to prove that he has work and will be an asset to society.
    From what I read there seems to be several other avenues through which he and his wife can achieve this, one of them being the fact that his wife worked for some years as an actress in Toronto for goodness sake!
    One of the things that convinced me that Canada would be a good country to bring my wife and children to was the Canadian attitude of ‘Hail fellow well met’ with no regard to who and what you might be. The past forty-eight years have proven me right and I’ve met many immigrants of different origins who I’ve treated the same way.
    It seems that the Sussex’s (there are no titles in Canada) wish to settle in Vancouver Island having visited a luxury estate owned by a secretive millionaire, good for them. Vancouver Island has a mild year-round climate, far better that than the east coast of this vast country but no matter what, I trust they will receive and respond as I did to “Hail fellow well met

8. Thanks Brenda Shackleton thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim R Christie View Post
    Harry wants to give his family at least a chance of a reasonable life without the media circus which killed his mother and which has hounded him all his life - good luck to them, because I'd do exactly the same.
    All very noble, I wish them as much independence and privacy as they seem to desire, as long as they do it without the public purse and the grace and favour homes. Yes I am a royalist, well for the present incumbent anyway, the successors we will have to wait and see, but I have a feeling that the present incumbent will outlive my aged body.

10. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm curious as to why there are calls for him to give up his titles. There are literally thousands of "titled" individuals the breadth of the country who perform no public duties and otherwise contribute little if anything, yet there is no suggestion they should be made to give them up.
    We have peers of the realm convicted of crimes and yet they somehow retain their titles (Archer etc).
    Not forgetting all the naughty stuff "Prince" Andrew has got upto and yet he's still a Prince,a Duke, an Earl and a Baron. He's stepped back from Royal duties for the forseeable future (amid considerable scandal), yet he's still being financed by the public purse.
    Where are the outraged social media posts and newspaper hysteria about that? It all seems to have been conveniently forgotten.

Couldn't agree more Jim, Far to many leaches that should be made redundant, I have the greatest respect for H.M. Queen Elizabeth, The work she does for this country at her age I think is quite remarkable and yes she generates a lot of revenue for this country, As for the Duke's and Earls and other hangers on I think there may be a long awaited shake up kick the bloody lot out of there land and free accommodation we owe them nothing at all Terry.
    {terry scouse}

12. Thanks Jim R Christie, Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm curious as to why there are calls for him to give up his titles.

I am very sceptical about who is actually behind all this ' wanting out ' and I must admit to believing that it is not Harry. They have not been ' hounded by the media ' you only have to look at the way Diana and for that matter Camilla were treated by the Media, now that was being hounded. It was stated that Harry is ' conflicted ' about it all and that indicates to me that he may well have been given some kind of ultimatum by a certain American Actress and has been unwillingly forced into all this. Her leaving him to face the ' music ' here in England is not, in my opinion the action of a loving sharing partner, no, its more of a ' you get it all settled, then come and join me ' attitude. In my opinion also the birth of baby Archie was a smart move and a further reason to anchor him by his love of the child into the relationship.

Personally I would like to see them stripped of the Duke and Duchess Title which Harry does not need but that Harry would retain the HRH. That would certainly but her in her place as purely Mrs Wales, then we would see what that did to her ego.

I have a very great admiration for our lovely Queen who as far as I am concerned has been a wonderful, hard working and positive Monarch. The rest of the Family have given her a hard time with their affairs and divorces but she has never wavered from her duties. She does not need this at this time in her life or reign and one would have thought that had there been any thought or respect for her, that Harry would have waited until she ceased to be Queen before pursuing this so called quest. Perhaps in the knowledge that Archie could be taken into the custody of the Sovereign when Charles becomes King, the American Actress is behind it all, who knows.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 17th January 2020 at 04:09 PM.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allman View Post
    I am very sceptical about who is actually behind all this ' wanting out ' and I must admit to believing that it is not Harry. They have not been ' hounded by the media ' you only have to look at the way Diana and for that matter Camilla were treated by the Media, now that was being hounded. It was stated that Harry is ' conflicted ' about it all and that indicates to me that he may well have been given some kind of ultimatum by a certain American Actress and has been unwillingly forced into all this. Her leaving him to face the ' music ' here in England is not, in my opinion the action of a loving sharing partner, no, its more of a ' you get it all settled, then come and join me ' attitude. In my opinion also the birth of baby Archie was a smart move and a further reason to anchor him by his love of the child into the relationship.

Personally I would like to see them stripped of the Duke and Duchess Title which Harry does not need but that Harry would retain the HRH. That would certainly but her in her place as purely Mrs Wales, then we would see what that did to her ego.
    A lot of poison there being expressed towards an individual when you (and I) know absolutely nothing of the circumstances beyond what's "reported" in the press.
    If you don't think she's being hounded then cast your eye towards the pages of the Mail and Telegraph. The tabloids appear to be remarkably reticent in comparison.
    Harry has never been comfortable with the media spotlight and their actions, something that has been well known long before his wife appeared on the scene. As any parent knows, your priorities and outlook on life changes dramatically when you have a child - I see little beyond that here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    All very noble, I wish them as much independence and privacy as they seem to desire, as long as they do it without the public purse and the grace and favour homes. Yes I am a royalist, well for the present incumbent anyway, the successors we will have to wait and see, but I have a feeling that the present incumbent will outlive my aged body.
    Why punish Harry when Andrew is still living on the public purse (as he has done all his life) and in his "grace and favour" home?

15. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast