Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pds

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pds

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McGuckin View Post
    Just watching tonight's news.You may remember the big fire a year*or two back at Fort McMurry, Alberta, Canada.Now we are told that 80% of the children who lived there, now have PDS.While I do sympathize*with all who lost their homes and families.I do wonder where us who lived during WW2 are, concerning PDS.A lot of us went through the Blitz night after night.We were never thought of as 'casualties'.Reminds me somewhat of WW1 and the 'shell shocked*troops'.Guess I am out of touch with today's generation.Whatever happened with.Suck it up* and get on with it?Den.
    Hi Den, I think most of our generation do find it a bit hard to understand the way of thinking in today's society, today's young people have grown
    up in an increasingly soft lifestyle and are influenced by the ever growing army of celebrities/luvies and their OTT personalities "only my opinion".
    For me the big difference in our times is that our parents grew up during WW1 and were not strangers to hardship, when WWII started they were
    more prepared. I was only six and a half when the war ended but have a very good memory of what we experienced, I was evacuated with my
    two sisters to Derby, one of my sisters was such a cow that we were all sent home together. You never forget the sirens and bomb explosions.
    Dad was at war and my sisters and me slept with her at night time, we did use the Anderson shelter a few times but it started to fill with water.
    Shortly before our house was bombed I remember mum walking us all up the road to see where a bomb had fallen, I can clearly remember
    seeing the air raid wardens digging in the debris they had it lit up and there was a sniffer dog, when our house was bombed I was five years old,
    I was talking with mum when she heard the Doodlebug engine cut out, she grabbed me and dived under the kitchen table, there was a huge bang
    as the big window came crashing down on the table, everything went black as the soot poured down the chimney the next thing I remember is being
    helped out from under the table and led out of the house. Once outside I saw mums bed hanging out of the bedroom with rubble and glass everywhere,
    my sisters were not at home so mum and me walked to my uncle Fred's house one block away, he had already had anear miss and and four houses
    next door had been demolished, the bombsites became our playgrounds after the war, we were rehoused for the duration of the war. It's only when
    we get older that we think about these things in depth, to my mind the unsung heroes of the war are our mothers, they would have been wondering
    all the time if their husbands were safe, they had to feed and clothe us kids on meagre rations, many had a job as well, and the they lived with the Bltz
    the same as everyone else. I believe the knew all about stress but just carried on as best they could, they were the backbone of the country God bless
    them all. Cheers

i

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, Think of children around the world today who at a very young age witness there parents and siblings being murdered before there very eyes and not only murdered also raped and abused then murdered they if they survive must be scared mentally for life yet very few take there welfare or future into consideration. There are still horror stories all over todays world we see them on our T.V. Screen every night. Its all become to matter of fact for my liking, But if there are no benefits for the western world or trade between any two countries where humans are treated like fodder, I am afraid western and other countries including the U.K. turn a blind eye. That's the world we live in today unfortunately. Regards Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 5th September 2019 at 04:39 PM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    John, Think of children around the world today who at a very young age witness there parents and siblings being murdered before there very eyes and not only murdered also raped and abused then murdered they if they survive must be scared mentally for life yet very few take there welfare or future into consideration. There are still horror stories all over todays world we see them on our T.V. Screen every night. Its all become to matter of fact for my liking, But if there are no benefits for the western world or trade between any two countries where humans are treated like fodder, I am afraid western and other countries including the U.K. turn a blind eye. That's the world we live in today unfortunately. Regards Terry.
    Hi Terry, as a matter of fact as I was reading Den's post I was thinking of those poor kids in Syria, I do think of the atrocities suffered by people
    and in particular the children around the world, so rest assured mate you are not the only one to be concerned, I see where you're coming from
    regards the western world turning a blind eye to these crimes, I won't get involved in the politics of policing the world, but for instance, how can
    any of the western world countries put a stop to the way young girls in the villages of India who are gang raped and decapitated or hung from
    a tree, all done on the order of a village chief/elder, this has been going on for years and as far as I know the Indian government has not or
    cannot put a stop to it. My reply to Den was only personal experience as a child and I don't see that as me being ignorant of what is happening
    around the world today. cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We had two World Wars, the first said to be the one to end all wars, wonder who said that?

But look at the world today, there are more wars, violence, corruption and other crimes than before.
    What has the world learned from the conflicts of 1914/18 and 39/45, very little I fear.

But man's inhumanity to his fellow man and the need for power and pure greed will never dissipate.
    We talk of the dangers of so called 'Climate Change' but there is far more in every day life now than ever before.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why those in power want to destroy this planet and a lot if not all forms of human life is beyond me all the warning signs are there. Regarding the people of the Amazon rain forests.
    Indigenous people of the Amazon rainforest, who have been there long before any of the modern settlers, deserve to be treated with respect and care in regards to their way of life and their native land. The Amazon “has been inhabited by native cultures for thousands of years” and they rely completely on the rainforest for their food and shelter . Those who infiltrate the rainforest to strip it of its resources for profit, like loggers and miners, destroy the land that these native people inhabit. In addition to shrinking the area of land in which the natives can live on, the foreigners also wipe out the native tribes with, “disease and violence at the rate of almost 1 [tribe] per year”. “At one time there were as many as 10 million tribal people living in the Amazon. Today, only 200,000 remain.

Because the native tribes have lived in the Amazon for so long, they have the best knowledge of its secrets that modern people overlook. “When a tribe is wiped out, an entire culture is lost. Unique languages, beliefs, and customs disappear forever. Modern scientists called Ethnobotanists study how the natives use the plants in the Amazon to further their knowledge of useful plants. The shaman use the plants as medicine, and because “[their] expertise has been passed down…and cannot be found in any book or laboratory” as more and more tribes die, more and more of their experience is lost. Sister Dorothy Stang and people like her are powerful forces for social justice because they fight for the rights of the natives in the Amazon even though their lives are threatened by those who want to exploit the Amazon for their own profit. The Catholics in Brazil and all over the world need to be more like them and protect the natives’ land and their way of life because as the Option for the Poor and Vulnerable says, everyone deserves to be treated with respect and human decency especially those who cannot protect themselves. Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John F Collier View Post
    Hi Terry, as a matter of fact as I was reading Den's post I was thinking of those poor kids in Syria, I do think of the atrocities suffered by people
    and in particular the children around the world, so rest assured mate you are not the only one to be concerned, I see where you're coming from
    regards the western world turning a blind eye to these crimes, I won't get involved in the politics of policing the world, but for instance, how can
    any of the western world countries put a stop to the way young girls in the villages of India who are gang raped and decapitated or hung from
    a tree, all done on the order of a village chief/elder, this has been going on for years and as far as I know the Indian government has not or
    cannot put a stop to it. My reply to Den was only personal experience as a child and I don't see that as me being ignorant of what is happening
    around the world today. cheers
    John I was merely stating a fact and not for one minute suggesting you are ignorant to the fact what is going on around the world. As for Indian young girls and the village elders all religion and tradition 2 wrongs don't make a right, Just like this outfit Torment of a freed Boko Haram 'bride'
    'How I almost became a suicide bomber'
    'Boko Haram took my children'
    Nigeria's militant Islamist group Boko Haram - which has caused havoc in Africa's most populous country through a wave of bombings, assassinations and abductions - is fighting to overthrow the government and create an Islamic state.
    Boko Haram promotes a version of ***** which makes it "haram", or forbidden, for ******s to take part in any political or social activity associated with Western society.
    This includes voting in elections, wearing shirts and trousers or receiving a secular education.
    Boko Haram regards the Nigerian state as being run by non-believers, regardless of whether the president is ****** or not - and it has extended its military campaign by targeting neighbouring states. Terry.
    {terry scouse}

7. Thanks John F Collier thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We are all to blame in many ways for the production of Palm oil, its in your petrol and a huge amount of food stuff, i don't know the answer to the problem, but all the time we consume palm oil in whatever way, these poor nations will continue to burn the rainforest to produce more of the stuff. We live in a very selfish world, all the problems for the people of China, and ask ourselves when we last bought something produced in China ??, i bet in most cases it was within a couple of days ago, i know , in my case it was, simply because we have just returned from the supermarket, but as said, i don't know where we go on this, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    John I was merely stating a fact and not for one minute suggesting you are ignorant to the fact what is going on around the world. As for Indian young girls and the village elders all religion and tradition 2 wrongs don't make a right, Just like this outfit Torment of a freed Boko Haram 'bride'
    'How I almost became a suicide bomber'
    'Boko Haram took my children'
    Nigeria's militant Islamist group Boko Haram - which has caused havoc in Africa's most populous country through a wave of bombings, assassinations and abductions - is fighting to overthrow the government and create an Islamic state.
    Boko Haram promotes a version of ***** which makes it "haram", or forbidden, for ******s to take part in any political or social activity associated with Western society.
    This includes voting in elections, wearing shirts and trousers or receiving a secular education.
    Boko Haram regards the Nigerian state as being run by non-believers, regardless of whether the president is ****** or not - and it has extended its military campaign by targeting neighbouring states. Terry.
    No worries Terry, I was only explaining myself as I thought you had misread my post, cheers.

10. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wrote about that many years ago when I first wrote ny story, its on here, after we had stayed with the Dyaks in Borneo,..............

A Voyage to the Spice Islands

A wonderful experience of a bygone age in a world that no longer exists. It can never happen again.
    The rain forests have all but gone now, they have been cut down and burned to grow palm oil trees for bio fuels. This has killed off most of the wildlife including the `wild man of Borneo`, the Orang Utang, and the Dayaks displaced and their way of life destroyed. This can never ever be replaced, it has gone forever. All in the pursuit of profits and these mad people who think growing bio fuels will save the world when they are the very people who are destroying it

Since the 1970s, the Dayak have been baffled by the existence of mining projects, logging by forest concessionaires, plantations and industrial timber estates. Socio-economic expert Mubyarto said the presence of the giant projects in Kalimantan and Sabah changed the Dayaks source of wealth.
    The rattan monopoly has impoverished the Dayak in East and Central Kalimantan. The gold mining in Ampalit (Central Kalimantan), coal mining in East Kalimantan and gold mining in Monterado (West Kalimantan) have caused the locals to suffer. The same thing has happened to the Dayak Bentian, Dayak Pawan-Keriau and Empurang. They struggle against the plantations, which are partly financed with foreign loans. They are forced to give their land to the investors. After the land transfer, all the plants, all the sacred places and cemeteries were demolished and replaced by palm oil trees. They are forced to pay the investors for the privilege of living on their own land in installments.
    The project ruins the environment, as well as the social, cultural and political patterns. They have marginalized the sovereignty and dignity of the Dayak over the Land and natural resources.

This was over 40 years ago and still no one stops it, and no one ever will, The world is on a downward slope to self destruct, there is no future.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It could well be now that the world with almost 8 billion is overpopulated.
    The growth in population is at an alarming rate, in 1980 the figure was 4 billion.
    But with countries such as China abandoning the one child policy the expotential growth rate will continue to increase
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast